Last night, Jess made us my favorite dinner ever:
Almond Encrusted Tilapia!!
Jess used to make this all the time when we were roommates and it’s SO good. Crunchy, moist, delicious!!
- 1 C sliced almonds, divided in two parts
- 1/4 C regular or whole wheat flour
- 4 (6 oz) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter (optional)
1. Finely chop almonds (either by hand or with a food processor/blender) and combine half of them (1/2 C) with 1/4 C flour in a shallow bowl.
2. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt; dredge in almond mixture.
3. Add the olive oil (and butter, if using) to a large heavy skillet over medium heat; add fish and cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove fillets to a serving plate.
4. Add remaining 1/2 cup almonds to skillet and cook, stirring often, 1 minute or until golden brown. Remove almonds and sprinkle over fish. This is so amazing — the almonds get sooo toasty, crunchy, and delicious!
We had an awesome day today — the open house at Bastyr University was great, and Jess, David, and I played in Seattle afterwards before coming back to the island, meeting one of their friends for dinner, and then going to see Avatar! If you haven’t seen it yet, you have to. It was seriously the most amazing movie I’ve ever seen. The 3D was really cool, the scenery was beautiful and so intricate, and the plot kept you engaged the entire 3 hours — which is saying a lot since I usually have a really hard time sitting still! Plus, the main guy was really hot
I’m off to bed — airport in the morning and spending most of the day traveling back to DC! I’ll be back tomorrow with a recap my day today — more beautiful pictures for you all