So, I have a confession.
Until Sunday night, I was scared of cooking bok choy.
I always LOVE bok choy in Asian dishes, but for some reason I thought it was hard to cook. I also wasn’t entirely sure what it LOOKED like so I was scared to try to buy it. Lol.
I finally found some clearly labeled the other day at the store, so I took the plunge and bought some It was SO easy to make! All you have to do is slice it (the whole thing! stalks & leaves! just cut off the nub at the end, like with celery) and cook it with the rest of your dish. It’s now my new favorite veggie Love the refreshing crunch!
Easy Coconut Curry
(makes 4 servings)
- 1 pound chicken, cut into cubes (or tofu, shrimp, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Bok choy, sliced (I used the whole massive bunch)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 3 tsp. curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- Brown rice (I just used 90 second)
This was my first foray into curry and it was so easy!
1) In a large, deep pan or wok, cook the chicken (or tofu or shrimp) on medium heat in the olive oil and garlic for a few minutes.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients (except the rice) to the pan and mix it all around, then cover and heat on low for about 5 minutes (this will steam the veggies nicely & fully cook the chicken).
3) Serve on top of brown rice and enjoy! It’s that easy!
Yum yum! This would be awesome with some Asian-style hot sauce like Sriracha. Need to pick some of that up!
Is there anything you’re scared to try to cook? Come clean in the comments 😉 And then, go try to make it!
Also, I’m loving all the enthusiasm for my new fANNEtastic t-shirt shop!! I just bought three of the shirts last night and I can’t wait to get them I did a little search on Google for a coupon code before I checked out and found a 15% off coupon for Spreadshirt orders on RetailMeNot.com! Woohooo!
Time to get down to some serious studying — have a great day!