Thanks to everyone who entered the Oikos Greek yogurt & reusable grocery bag giveaway!
There were some great ideas from you all for ways to use Greek yogurt — especially the nonfat plain variety. Here are some of my favorites:
- Use it to replace mayo. Examples: my Tuna Salad with a Healthy Twist, Autumn Chicken Salad, and Healthy Deviled Eggs!
- Use it to replace sour cream in Mexican dishes, or as a topping for soup, chili, etc.
- Use it instead of oil/butter when baking. I did this with my Sweet Potato Cranberry Coconut Muffins and Pumpkin Muffins of Deliciousness! Yogurt also works great in brownies.
- Use it to make a healthier fettuccine alfredo sauce for pasta dishes.
- Eat it on top of pancakes instead of using butter.
- Use it to make a Greek style tzatziki sauce, like my delicious Cucumber Yogurt Garlic Sauce.
- Make a buffalo dip for veggies or chicken using yogurt and hot sauce, or yogurt, lemon, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce!
- Use yogurt and red curry paste as a marinade for chicken!
Yum. Thanks for the great ideas everyone! I’ll have to try out a few of the new (to me) ones, like the dips and marinade!
And now, the moment you’ve been waiting for!
The winner of the Oikos yogurt coupons and reusable grocery bag prize pack is…
Commenter #196, Trisha!
Here’s what she had to say:
Congrats, Trisha!! Please email your full name and mailing address to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will have Stonyfield send your prize out right away
I just got home from work, took a quick walk, packed dinner, and now I’m off to class! Stay tuned — I’ll be posting tomorrow about an exciting new fANNEtastic food partnership!