I took an extra few minutes this morning to make myself an exciting breakfast. Enter:
Tomato Basil Feta Omelette!!
This was DIVINE. I freaking love omelettes. (omelets? How the heck do you spell omelet/te?? I asked this question on Twitter, and everyone seems to be very torn between the two versions!)
Anyway! My inspiration:
My new Mr. Basil Plant I will probably kill him soon I’m not very good with plants. This means I just have to eat him quickly!!
Tomato Basil Feta Omelette
- Two eggs
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Feta cheese
- Sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
1. First, prep your fillings by chopping the tomatoes and basil.
The key to chopping basil is to place a few leaves on top of each other, then roll them and chop while rolled:
That way it will come out in pretty spirals!
2. Now, break the two eggs into a bowl and whisk them with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour the eggs into a nonstick and PAM sprayed pan on medium heat. The key to making an awesome omelette is to let the eggs sit for a minute or two until the bottom layer is somewhat cooked. Then, start lightly lifting up the edges of the egg, tilting the pan so that the uncooked liquid on top will end up traveling underneath the part you lifted up, therefore getting cooked as well.
Do this around the whole circle until there’s no more runny parts on the top.
4. Now you are ready to add your toppings! Turn the heat down to medium low so the egg doesn’t burn. Then, add in the feta, tomatoes, and basil.
5. Wait about a minute (no longer — just enough time to heat up the toppings), then carefully fold into omelette form and slip onto a plate! You should have used enough PAM that this won’t be a problem
Et voila! Delicious and beautiful
You are now an omelette master
I enjoyed mine with a piece of Ezekiel toast with some strawberry rhubarb jam:
And a school spirit glass of milk, because I’m 12. Guess I need to buy some UNC pint glasses now, huh? 😉
Yum! What a satisfying breakfast. And now I’m off to work. Hope you all have a great Friday! Matt and I are heading to the Shenandoahs tonight/tomorrow to do some hiking! I’m excited. Stay tuned for pretty pictures. We’re hoping the weather holds out!
p.s. Please don’t forget to vote for me THANK YOU! I appreciate your support so much
Also, don’t forget about the two giveaways I have going on right now: