One word: epic.
This is definitely my new favorite pancake recipe! (My Pomegranate Blueberry Pancakes are a close second )
Blueberry Spelt Pancakes with Yogurt Maple Banana Topping
- 1/4 C spelt flour (obsessed)
- 1/3 C skim milk (or non-dairy substitute)
- 1/3 C blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. finely ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Few shakes cinnamon
- One large spoonful of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- One small (or half a large) very ripe banana, mashed
- Drizzle pure maple syrup
Mix all pancake ingredients in a bowl, pour batter into a pan. After a minute or two (when the pancake is golden brown), flip to other side, cook another minute or two. Voila!
Mix the topping ingredients together in a bowl and top the cooked pancake with them.
I love this topping because it’s sweet and decadent tasting without having to drown the pancake in 5,000 calories worth of maple syrup