OMG. I’m just going to say it…
I think this might be the best thing I’ve EVER made. Go make this immediately. And then make it again.
This seriously tastes like pumpkin pie. And, if you’ll believe it — it’s healthy and SUPER easy, too!
This delish bread pudding is made with 100% Whole Wheat Nature’s Pride Bread, skim milk, nutritious sweet potato, no butter, and no oil… just pure awesomeness!
Sweet Potato Whole Wheat Bread Pudding
- 1.5 C skim milk
- 3/4 C canned pureed sweet potato (pumpkin would also work)
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 slices 100% whole wheat Nature’s Pride bread, toasted and cubed
Preheat oven to 350.
1) Whisk all ingredients except the bread together in a large bowl.
2) Toast the 5 slices of bread. This will make it hold it’s shape when it bakes (when I dream up a new recipe, there’s no way my excitement will allow me to wait for bread to go stale!).
3) Cut the toasted bread into cubes and add into a deep pan. Pour the sweet potato liquid mixture evenly on top of the bread.
4) Pop the pan into the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Your kitchen will shortly smell amazing.
And then… this will emerge:
Ahhhhh so good. Try not to burn your mouth.
Here’s a special recipe page in case you want to print it out:
Also, I got some other recent recipes set up on their own recipes pages as well — check them out!
- Tilapia en Papillote
- Spiced Butternut Squash Muffins
- Braised Beef Machacha
- Late Summer Arugula Salad
I have a busy day today filled with schoolwork — but Matt is home so that’s fun Also, as part of my Maternal and Children’s Health Nutrition class, we have to do some field work, so I’m heading over to a nearby elementary school this afternoon to help kindergarteners play in a veggie garden! How fun is that? I’m excited. Except that it’s supposed to be 95 degrees today. Wtf, fall?
Have a wonderful Friday, friends!
This recipe is my official entry to become a Nature’s Pride Bread Ambassador at this year’s Foodbuzz Festival! The Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program provided me with a free coupon for the Nature’s Pride bread, but the deliciousness that followed was all me.