Good afternoon! It’s a beautiful one here in NC
And guess what? Matt is here AND we’re actually staying in town this weekend! Crazy talk. I’m excited Especially because I’m going out of town AGAIN on Wednesday! Any guesses where I’m going? Hint: I was there in January… but not for the same reason 😉
So — before I get to my fun lunch recipe — would you like to know who won my Quaker Amazing Morning Kit giveaway? This was my most popular giveaway yet, with a whopping 474 comments! I loved reading how all of you take care of yourselves in the morning. I might need to steal some of your ideas — especially starting the day with some stretching!
The winner is…
Commenter #158, April!
Yum! Green smoothies (especially my Banana & Spinach Smoothie) make my mornings better, too Congrats, April — please email your name and address to me at anne @ fannetasticfood.com and Quaker will send your package on its way!
Thank you to everyone who entered
Anyway! I was craving Thai for lunch and since Matt is around (he gets back from DC on Thursday night and works from home on Fridays) I was more motivated than usual to cook something more involved
Enter: Thai Chili Garlic Chicken with Veggies and Brown Rice!
My old friend Fish Sauce came back out to play for today’s creation — remember when I bought it at an Asian grocery store for my Project Food Blog Challenge #2 entry, Fresh Thai Summer Rolls? Those were so good. Fish sauce kind of grosses me out but it sure does taste good in recipes.
Thai Chili Garlic Chicken with Veggies and Brown Rice
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce (pictured above — don’t worry the other side of the label says “fish sauce”!)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sliced veggies (bok choy, green beans, squash, peppers, etc.)
- 1 package of chicken breasts
1) Mix all the ingredients except for the chicken together in a medium sized bowl. Slice the chicken into bite sized pieces and place it in the bowl to marinate while you prepare the veggies.
2) Cut your veggies (I just used bok choy but a mix would have been more fun).
3) Place the chicken, marinade and all, in a pan and cook over medium high heat until chicken mostly cooked.
4) Add in your veggies and sautÃ© until they are cooked to your liking and chicken is fully cooked.
5) Plate and enjoy!
I love the base of the bok choy — it looks like a flower
Matt added extra chili garlic sauce to his, because he’s obsessed with spicy food. Boys.
Dessert was some of these amaaaaazing enormous and juicy grapes I got from the co-op near where we live. Yum!!
And now — I’m off to rejoice, because after FAILING the stupid NC written drivers test on Wednesday (the questions were SO random and oddly worded) — I took a few practice tests this morning and was able to pass it this afternoon, no problem! Go me My new license picture was cute, too — I’ll show you guys when my official new NC license arrives in 10 days or so.
Have a wonderful night!