Looking for a healthier (but still delicious) version of the classic Super Bowl Sunday Seven Layer Dip for this weekend? Look no farther.
The secret? Using nonfat plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and mayonnaise! Your friends and family won’t even notice the difference… I promise.
Healthier Super Bowl Sunday Seven Layer Dip
- 3 medium-sized ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Â½ tsp. salt
- Â¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 & Â½ C nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 package taco seasoning mix (or make your own mix using this recipe)
- 2 cans (9 oz. each) bean dip (or 2 cans refried beans — or make your own!)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (optional)
- 3 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans (3 Â½ oz. each) pitted ripe sliced olives, drained
- 1 package (8 oz.) grated 2% sharp cheddar cheese
1. Peel, pit and mash avocados in a bowl with lemon juice, salt and pepper (or put in blender). If you’re in a hurry and don’t have any ripe avocados, you can also substitute 2 containers of mildly seasoned guacamole dip from the refrigerated section at the grocery store.
2. In another bowl, combine yogurt and taco seasoning mix.
3. To assemble:
- Spread bean dip/refried beans on a LARGE shallow serving platter.
- Spread avocado mixture over bean dip.
- Spread yogurt-taco mixture over the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with the chopped green onions, then the tomatoes, and finally the olives.
- Cover with the grated cheddar cheese.
4. Serve chilled with your choice of corn chips.
~ ~ ~
Enjoy! This is my favorite dip ever and I’m shocked to find that I have no photos of it! Apparently I haven’t made it since having the blog
Want more ideas for Super Bowl Sunday appetizers/snacks?
Try my Hummus Guacamole:
Cranberry Cinnamon Apple Baked Brie (as amazing as it sounds):