Yummm! I’m always working on creating quick, easy, and healthy on-the-go snack recipes, and this one is definitely a winner.
Introducing: Chocolate Coconut Almond Balls! Oh, yes.
If you like chocolate, almonds, and coconut, you will LOVE these They taste a bit like the new chocolate variety of Larabars!
Chocolate Coconut Almond Balls
(makes about 6 balls)
- 2 fresh pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 C whole almonds (unsalted)
- 1 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. oats
- 1 Tbsp. water (to help it stick)
- 1/4 C unsweetened coconut (for rolling)
1) Pour coconut onto a plate and set aside.
2) Place the rest of the ingredients (except coconut) into a food processor. Process about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3) Wet hands (do this each time before you form the balls — it will help everything stick) and then form mixture into ball shapes. The recipe should yield about 6!
4) Roll balls in coconut mixture.
Not only are these delicious, but they’re fun to make, too, if a bit messy 😉
I just use a large spoon to portion out the balls, and then mush it all together with my hands. If you have kids, this would be a really fun recipe to have them help you make
I’ve been working on getting Matt to eat more in the mornings (he’s not usually a breakfast person, but he’ll eat something small if I put it in front of him ), so I had him sample these this morning.
Given the photos I’d say this recipe was a big success, lol. He definitely went back for seconds 😉
I’m off to class — and bringing some of these Chocolate Coconut Almond Balls with me to snack on!
If you like this recipe, check out my other Larabar-esque “ball” recipes, too!
Have a great day — and thank you for all your great responses yesterday to the inspirational weight loss guest post from Gretchen! She was really excited to see all the great feedback and to get so many new readers!