Before hiking yesterday with Matt, I whipped up this delicious Lemony Spinach Quinoa Bean Salad for us to eat for lunch on the trail.
It was so good and so quick and simple to make I decided I just HAD to share the recipe This would be awesome for a packed lunch at work, too!
Lemony Spinach Quinoa Bean Salad
- 1/2 C uncooked quinoa, prepared as directed on package
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 C olive oil
- 1 C kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/8 C crumbled feta cheese (duh)
- 2 C fresh baby spinach, steamed in microwave
- Garlic powder, ground coriander, and salt and pepper to taste
1) Cook quinoa as directed on package (will take about 15 minutes).
2) While you’re waiting, toss the spinach in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute to steam it.
3) Once the quinoa is cooked, transfer to a bowl and add all the other ingredients to it! Just stir and enjoy — serve warm or cold, both are delicious
And don’t forget the seasonings to taste — they make this dish!
In other news, leftover yogurt containers are awesome for packing up salads to eat on the go
I usually reuse my larger yogurt containers once or twice before recycling them!
So, guess what?!?!?
I just finished my last final exam and am officially DONE with my first year of graduate school!!! YAY! So crazy… seems like just yesterday I was announcing my big decision to attend UNC!
I’m off to RELAX, go shopping with the girls, and enjoy a day without any sort of studying Have a good one, friends!
p.s. Check out the fANNEtastic Facebook page for a fun Barney Butter almond butter giveaway! Up for grabs is a box of 12 Barney Butter single serving squeeze packets of almond butter, which are the BEST for traveling — so convenient! If you enter the contest you’ll automatically receive a $2.00 off coupon for any of their products, too