6 Things I’m Loving Lately

1) This book: “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett.

012

I seriously COULD NOT put it down. I bought this book after you guys all recommended it in the comments section of my “My Recent Favorite Books” post, and boy was it good. I started it early last week and already finished it yesterday!

011

Next up on my reading for fun list is “American Wife,” which was another recommendation from you guys!

2) This granola:

013

Love Grown Foods sent me three kinds of their granola to sample awhile ago for the blog and OH MY GOODNESS it is amazing. Seriously the best granola I’ve ever had, hands down.

014

…In case you couldn’t tell by the fact that this one is already nearly empty already, haha. Matt loves it too!

015 017

It’s not too sweet and I like that they don’t use any fake weird processed crap, either. Yay!

027

3) This adorable headband that the sweet miss Allyson sent me after I continually drooled over all of her amazing knitting creations via Twitter :) She’s insanely talented!

018

It’s my new favorite “I don’t want to brush my hair but still want it to look cute” sort of accessory :)

007

4) The fact that my girl Tina’s book finally arrived on my doorstep! I’m SO proud of her and I can’t wait to read it :) Review coming as soon as I do!

010

5) This silly new fANNEtastic t-shirt I created in honor of the sign I saw someone holding that said this during the D.C. National Half Marathon!

exerciseHehe.

6) This cute new tank top that I bought yesterday at Nordstrom while on a mini-shopping spree with the girls to celebrate being done with our first year of grad school!

003

Lacy tank tops with racer backs make me happy. :)

006

Disregard my weird expression — it’s really hard to take a picture of yourself with a DSLR, lol.

In news of things I’m NOT loving lately, I’m officially sick :( Why oh why do I always get sick during vacation/breaks?? It’s nothing serious, just annoying — Matt had a cold last week and I must have caught it, sigh. Here’s hoping it goes away quickly, because I’m driving up to DC tomorrow to spend the weekend eating and playing with friends! I’ll be heading back to NC Sunday night; we start summer class on Tuesday and our internships the following week. It’s going to be a busy next few months, as per usual!

I’m off to run a bazillion errands and then meeting some friends for dinner. Have a great day!

What are some things you’re loving lately?

Comments

Best shirt ever. I need it in my life. Best race sign ever too! Ha!

I absolutely ADORED The Help! I couldn’t put it down either. I totally cried at the end while I was on the subway. Oh well! Nothing like a great book :) Also, I am obsessed with Nordstrom – cute tank!

I remember reading the end of “The Notebook” while on the metro in DC – HUGE fail. I was literally like bawling, hahaha. So sad!

Great list! You’re looking very cute in your new top girl!

Jen Robinson says:

Love the new tanktop. Love the new fANNEtastic tee. Can’t wait to see you Friday!! WHEEEEEEEEEE!

The Help was soo good right? They are actually making movie based on it. I think it comes out this summer – I hope it is good.
    American Wife is a great read too. Enjoy!

I’m loving your new tank!!! It looks great on you. I am also loving my new dress from Boden that I ordered as a treat for myself and Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. I hope you feel better soon!

I love your tank top. I am now able to wear tanks and sleeveless tops now that I have lost so much weight and am exercising so much. I have become obsessed with my walking and exercise. God willing, I will never stop. Thanks for your encouragement, Anne.

Bridget says:

I love the American Wife!

I absolutely loved The Help as well. I’ll have to check out American Wife as well since my favorite thing to do in warm weather is to sit outside and read. Right now I’m reading Julia Child’s My Life in France since it was the selection for a food related bookclub I am in. I’m loving it. Her tone is hillarious and her descriptions of France are simply gorgeous.

Love your list! Maybe I’ll check out The Help. SO much on my reading list already though! And in the meantime I’m getting into Indian food so I have all those cookbooks lined up to go!!

Okay, I need to read The Help. I’ve heard so many times now how good it is. Adding it to my summer reading list.
    I am loving that spring is finally here in Maryland/DC. The flowers are out everywhere (and the pollen too…boo). I love this time of year when everyone starts to get outside more, not to mention the farmer’s markets and amazing produce stands!!!

larissa h says:

american wife is soo good! i liked it even more when i found out it was loosly based on the life of laura bush!

sorry to hear you are sick! I used to get sick like clockwork twice a year, just after finals. It’s like your body lets you get through all the stress and tough stuff and then mutinies right when you’re ready to relax. Hope you feel better soon!

I’m loving the fact that I got done with finals this morning. Another thing that I am loving is the beautiful spring weather that has finally arrived and the walkability I have been enjoying with it! :)

I LOVE that tank top and that headband…I’m kind of a sucker for all headbands!

Jackie Smith says:

Curtis Sittenfeld is awesome. I hope you like American Wife!

Whenever I get a cold, I drink juice: fresh, from the juice bar place or from Trader Joe’s–TJ’s has a crazy greens juice that tastes like a lawnmower, but I swear kicks a cold in it’s butt! It’s in the refrigerated section.

I hope you feel all better soon! I always get sick during transition periods, too, when one thing ends and another begins. Things I’m loving lately include: the book Cutting for Stone (amazing!), strength training and core workouts/classes, Pilates, fresh strawberries, and not having to do dishes (thanks, boyfriend!). Have a great day!

Jill K says:

Have fun in DC….. I just returned!!!

It was amazing weekend to be in DC…Sadly I was at ground zero on 9/11, so was great closure to cheer and sing on the White House lawn, Sunday night.
    It was awesome!
    (I have great pix too)

Btw totally cute tank top, I love it!!!
    (temember to leave it at your Mom’s home.-for me to wear on jeans ;-)

Kris S says:

Love the new tank, looks great on you! Feel better :)

Ha ha! Love the t-shirt!!
    I’m so excited about the Carrots ‘N Cake book and can’t wait to get my hands on a copy :)

clearly I need to try that Granola, everyone is raving about it!
    Love the tank top so pretty!

I am loving running now that the weather in Chicago is finally sunny and warm!:)

Hope you feel better soon! :)

Cuuuute top!

I just finished my class for the semester and thought, “I need a good book now that I don’t have homework.” I’ve heard so many great things about The Help. I’ll have to pick up a copy soon.

I miss granola so much! They don’t make it here in New Zealand like they do in the states

After getting my new mac I am super loving Face Time. I live in Atlanta and all my closest loved ones are in NC so it’s great to see them.

I have been dying to try Love Grown! I’ve seen it roaming around the blogosphere a lot lately so it must be fabulous! I have a feeling it would be lovely in a Chobani yogurt :)

Seriously one of the best books I have read in awhile, it was just so awesome! I am so excited that it is coming out at a movie this summer, I am usually more a fan of the book, but I at least love to check them out!!

The Help is such a fantastic book – it’s being made into a movie this summer too!

I’m loving…yoga, avocados, line dried laundry, prince Harry, and protein muffins. :)

I’m in love with that granola and so sad to come to grips that mine is nearly all gone!! Time to order more I suppose. :)

Feel better soon!!

Thank you for the book recommendation! :D And I can’t wait to check out Tina’s book too. How exciting!

Karin Carmack says:

Another tip…if you are looking for some other good low fat/carb alternatives. I spread the almond butter and pumpkin butter (by jake and amos) no sugar added on a apple cinnamon “Mr. Wheat Crispy Wheat Snack” (16 calories per cake). Very tasty. Also not sure if you have discovered Corn Thins. Tough to find but worth it. Very good. I spread some lite laughing cow cheese and a dollop of salsa. A very low fat and good nacho :-) On a different note, I just finished reading “Still Alice” excellent book. Every bit as good as The Help if not better. Don’t let the storyline of the book scare you off. A truly worthwhile read. Love your Blog by the way.

I just tried that granola this past weekend! The purple bag. YUM.

Glad you liked The Help. I’ve been thinking about reading it for months – Dianne Ward actually recommended it to me when I had my advising meeting :)

Oh my gosh, I got sick right as I finished my job, too (unfortunately grad school wasn’t over yet, so I went to class with a box of Kleenex)… I think it’s our body’s way of saying, “okay, I held out long enough… now it’s time you give me a little lovin’!”. Hehe.

Hope you feel better soon!

I love your book list and I always loved to read but it seems like the past ten years, I can’t seem to find the time to read. I tried reading when we are in the car, but being a backseat driver like I am, it doesn’t work. I tried picking up a book at night when everyone is in bed but I read a few pages and I drift off. Oh well. Maybe one day.

You’re like the 3rd person this week I’ve known to recommend that granola! Will definitely have to keep my eye out for it. We are granola FIENDS in this house.

I really need to read The Help. I ordered it on amazon weeks ago but just havent gotten the chance to start it. I have heard so many great reviews!

Love the headband! Looks super cute on you!

The HELP is my favorite book, I read it in like 2 days. So amazing! I love that top too!

Katherine says:

Ohhh I LOVE “The Help”! It will always have a soft spot in my heart because I read it while I was in Mexico on my “engagementmoon”. Now, whenever I think of that book, I think of being on the beautiful beach with that book in one hand and a drink in the other :)

Enjoy it!

I loved that sign at the National Half! I cracked up when I saw it! So glad you liked The Help – I’m excited for the movie!!

Congrats on finishing your first year of grad school! It’s actually pretty common to get sick when you start vacation after a stressful event (ie finals). The increased levels of cortisol produced provide temporary increased immune protection, but are quickly depleting your body’s resources. The result is that when the stress is taken away, you are left with a reduced ability to fight off sickness.

Interesting! I know it seems like everyone always gets sick after stressful stuff, but I never knew why physiologically. Guess we haven’t gotten to that yet in biochem ;) Thanks for sharing!

Hope you’re feeling better.

And I am having to ration the end of my Love Grown granola. It really is SO good.