I have a great recipe and giveaway for you all today. Meet Mediterranean Quinoa Salad:
A couple months ago, I was sent a book by the Vega team to review, written by Peggy Kotsopoulas, their newest spokesperson. The book, Must Have Been Something I Ate, offers a holistic nutrition approach to wellbeing, and includes detailed information about nutrients and which foods will do what for your health.
I have found the book to be really interesting — I haven’t finished reading it yet, but it’s basically a sort of Nutrition 101 crash course! Kind of like a way more interesting version of my biochemistry classes 😉
The book also features a section of plant-based whole foods recipes, which I love! Earlier this week, I decided to whip up a batch of the Mediterranean Quinoa Salad for lunch. It’s very much an “Anne recipe” — super quick and easy, but still healthy and delicious!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
So delicious and SO simple. I loved it! And according to the book, it provides energizing B vitamins, muscle-relaxing magnesium, and blood sugar balancing fiber. Win!
I’m excited to try more of the recipes in the book, too — there’s some really interesting and creative ones, and they are all either vegetarian or vegan! I’m especially curious about the Hummus, Fig, and Olive Tapenade Crustini, the Chocolate Mousse (made with pumpkin!), the vegan Lemon Berry Tart, and the quinoa cookies. Yum!
Here’s your chance to win a copy of the book! I’ll be giving one away to one lucky fANNEtastic winner.
Here’s how to enter to win — each option is an additional entry!
- Leave a comment telling me what your favorite super nutritious food or recipe is and why. Recipe links are welcome!
- Tweet about this contest on Twitter (include a link to this post and @fannetasticfood),and then leave another comment telling me you tweeted. Please make sure you are following me on twitter, too!
- If you have a blog, mention and link back to this contest in one of your posts, and then leave another comment letting me know you blogged about it.
- Mention and link back to this contest on Facebook, then leave another comment telling me you Facebooked it. Please make sure you have “liked” fANNEtastic food on Facebook, too!
Be sure to post a separate comment for each entry option you do.
U.S. Residents only, please! I will announce the winner next Tuesday (July 5, 2011).