I have a new recipe for you all today, inspired by the tacos we had over the weekend and the leftovers I wanted to use up! Meet Mexican Quinoa Salad:
This came out even better than I hoped. Perfect for this hot (March?!) weather we’ve been having — and super quick and easy to make, just like all my recipes. 😉
All you’re missing is a margarita!
Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
Makes 4 servings
This quick and easy vegan quinoa salad is perfect to make early and enjoy throughout the week. Packed with flavor, color, and texture, you’ll get your Mexican fix without all the cheese or calories.
- 1 cup (uncooked) quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable broth (low sodium if possible)
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 very ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 small pepper (any color), diced
- 1 cup salsa (or 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon each of: cumin & chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
1) Combine quinoa, water, and vegetable broth in a pot. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook 10 to 12 minutes (until all liquid is absorbed).
2) Let quinoa cool, then combine in a large bowl with all other ingredients.
I had a bowl of it yesterday for lunch. Delicious!
Let me know how you like it.