I promised you all the recipe for the gluten free quinoa pancakes I made on Saturday morning, so here it is!
Matt and I both really enjoyed these. They aren’t huge and fluffy like buttermilk pancakes, so don’t make them expecting that, but they have great flavor and are a fun (and healthy) way to mix it up from traditional pancakes. I found the quinoa flour at Whole Foods a few weeks ago and have been excited to test it out ever since!
Gluten Free Maple Quinoa Pancakes
Makes 3 to 4 servings (about 6 pancakes)
These pancakes have a nice nutty flavor from the quinoa and are packed protein and healthy fats. Enjoy topped with a drizzle of maple syrup and some fruit! If you want to keep this recipe gluten free, make sure to buy gluten free certified oats. Canola oil can be substituted for hemp oil, but I love hemp oil because it’s a great source of omega 3 fatty acids.
- 1 C quinoa flour
- 1/3 C oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 C milk (or dairy substitute)
- 3 Tbsp. liquid egg whites (or 1 whole egg)
- 3 Tbsp. hemp oil (or canola oil)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1) In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a separate smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients, then add them to dry, mixing gently until uniform-ish.
2) Pour a large spoonful of the mixture into a greased pan over medium heat. Flip when bubbles form and the edges have hardened a bit.
What’s your favorite pancake recipe?