Anne, MPH

Guess what, friends?

It’s official – after 3.5 years of nonstop hard work (2.5 years of grad school & internships plus 1 year of prerequisites), as of today I have earned my Masters of Public Health in Nutrition from UNC-Chapel Hill! Grad school = done and done. You can now call me Anne, MPH. ;)

As I mentioned, I’m down at UNC this week with my classmates so we can all present our masters papers – the final step in our grad school journey. Most of the group is presenting tomorrow or Friday, but there were 3 slots open this afternoon for presenters and I snagged one of them. Getting it over with on the first day = best idea ever.

The presentation went well! It was just classmates and some of our professors in the audience so not too nerve wracking. Here I am in action; I told Elle she should take the photo at a time when my slide deck was showing something particularly complicated looking. ;)

It seems like just yesterday I was announcing my decision to come to UNC for grad school. Thank you so much to all of you who have followed and cheered me along on my journey back to school since the very start.  3 years ago, when I launched this blog and was working my way through prerequisites, it seemed like this day would never come. And now here I am, surprised at how quickly it arrived.

All that remains now in my back-to-school journey is the RD exam. I’ll tackle that in late January (we can’t take it until then since paperwork has to go through). One last hurdle to go!

I’ll be back soon to share some highlights of what I’ve been up to here in Chapel Hill (it’s so fun to be back!). Stay tuned! As for now – time to RELAX! :)

Comments

Welcome to the club…love me some fellow MPHers!!!

Congrats Anne, great job!

Golden Lover says:

Congratulations Anne! I have enjoyed your journey and know that your enthusiasm and love for a good, healthy diet and willingness to share with others through your blog will continue to encourage others!

Anne PHD: Well done!! When we strive to achieve our goals, the rewards are gratifying…keep going!

Congratulations, Anne, for following your dream and reaching this goal!

Congratulations Anne! Grad school is a lot of work so you should be so proud of yourself. I remember each day was stressful for me but the end was worth it! Congrats again! Celebrate!

Congrats Anne! Just teared up a little reading this post :) I’m so proud of you and thankful that UNC brought us all together!

T.G.I.F!!! (the goal is fitness) says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    We’re soooo proud of you…..Woo-Hoo!!!!!
    :-)

Congratulations, Anne! You’re an inspiration, for sure :) You’ll rock that RD exam no problem.

What a wonderful accomplishment, Anne! Congratulations!

So proud of you! Almost done!

Gosh wow that 2.5 years feels like it flew by as a reader! Congrats again! So happy for you!

Congrats!!!!! I want to hear what your paper was on!

Congratulations Anne! I’m very envious but excited for my own journey as well! Thanks for your posts and all the great details and updates along the way, I know you will be very successful wherever you end up! Keep up the hard work!!

Great news Anne!!! Congrats!

Way to go!

PS- What was your paper on??

Congratulations!
    I rarely comment, but I love reading your blog :)

I am normally just a lurker, but this is such an amazing accomplishment I had to comment. Congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself.

Congrats! I’ll be getting my MCN (clinical nutrition) in just about 10 months! The time has really flown by! Let us know how the RD test goes! Good luck!

Congratulations!! Well done!

Congrats! I’m about to finish my first semester of my MPH in Health Promotion. I decided not to go the RD route for now (mainly because of the prereqs), but major props to you for doing it all and being so successful! I’m sure the RD exam will be a piece of cake ;)

Congrats!!!! I just finished my internship/grad school in May! The feeling after defending your thesis is the best thing ever!! Now onto studying for the RD exam :) Do you know where you will be working?

Congrats! I remember that feeling very clearly – relief, excitement and exhaustion! Just curious – what was your final piece on? I understand if you don’t want to share too much information, but I have my MPH in Biostats and Epi, and my dissertation was in the field of nutritional epidemiology, so I am always curious what others in the field are doing! The current research I am involved with isn’t in nutrition, but I hope to move back after this project is over in April 2013.

On another note, my mother is an RD, so I have been surrounded by dieticians my entire life. It is interesting to see how things have changed since my mom’s time.

Congratulations again!

MPH or BUST! Hope that slide was complicated-looking enough! I wanted to pay attention and found myself distracted by judging slide complexity… Congrats and great job today! xo

Congrats Anne on all your hard work paying off!

Your polka dot dress is ADORABLE – would you mind sharing where you got it? Thanks!

Caitlin F. says:

Congratulations, Anne! You are such an inspiration to me! I’m currently finishing up my pre-reqs, so I can apply to a few MPH programs next year. I’ve been religiously following your grad school journey & now I can’t wait to see what your career has in store for you. Cheers.

Congrats!! =o)

So exciting, Anne! Congrats!! I’m sure that feels like a huge relief to be done.

Congrats! You look the part, love the dress! :)

Congratulations!

Congrats, Anne! What an accomplishment! I would’ve snagged one of the early presenting spots too. Speaking to crowds (i.e. more than three people ;)) makes me so nervous, so if I don’t get it over with ASAP, I start psyching myself out. Plus, I wouldn’t be able to listen to the other presenters because I would be freaking out! Hope you take some time to relax and celebrate! :)

Congrats! Always better to get things over sooner!

Congratulations, Anne! I’m so excited for you – I know how much hard work this all is (can’t wait until I’m done!) Best of luck with the RD exam! Once you pass, please let us know what study program you used. :)

Woohoo! Congrats!

Congratulations!! Such a huge accomplishment!

Brittany @ Proteinandpumps says:

Congrats!! Can’t wait to be done myself. Must be such a great feeling!

SOOO AMAZING Anne! Congrats!You truly deserve this and I couldn’t be happier for you!

Awesome job! I remember my last presentation for my MBA…walking out of that when it was over was one of the best feelings ever!!!!

Congrats! I absolutely love that dress that you’ve got on! So cute!

Congratulations!! What an accomplishment! I am graduating with my masters this semester, I cannot WAIT for that moment when I am finished!

The other day my boyfriend pulled up the original gchat when I told him I was going to apply to UNC for my PhD :) I’m so happy and proud of you!

Congratulations!!! :D

Congrats, Anne!
    I was amused by your slide-complexity comment because before I read it I was totally trying to figure out what that graph was all about… maybe it’s the statistician in me. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is such a great achievement. Looking forward to a blog update on your next move. I hope you are incredibly proud of yourself!!! Also love your spotty wrap dress.

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a fannetastic accomplishment! I’ve been reading your blog for 3 years now and i’m so proud of you! So silly! Ps great dress!

Congratulations Anne!! It is seriously the BEST feeling when you accomplish something that you never thought would happen!! =)

Congrats, Anne! :)

Congrats Anne! It’s been so great watching you go through the process – it’s such an achievement!

Congratulations!!

Congratulations on your MPH, Anne! I bet you can’t believe it’s done! I’m in my first year of my MS….feels like the end is a million years away!

Congrats Anne!

Congratulations! What a fantastic accomplishment!

Congrats Anne! That is fantastic.. hard work pays off. :)

Congrats Anne!! UNC is SUCH a great school. you should be so proud! (I may pick your brain a bit later if that’s okay:) )

Congratulations!! Can’t wait to welcome you to the RD world, as well! ;)

Congratulations, Anne! I’ve been reading your blog since basically you started, don’t really comment though. You should be so proud of yourself and what you’ve accomplished! Yes, 3 years have gone by so quickly, you did it!

As a fellow lurker I also feel that your accomplishment deserves a “well done” and in tribute I will be serving your Quinoa salad this week-end to a few friends!! have fun for the rest of the week-end…hope NC gives you some of it great Carolina blue skies and warm temps.

Congrats! From now on when you type your name you will think Anne comma, space MPH
    I couldn’t wait for that moment b/c I am always typing my bosses names lol
    Shannon comma space CPA :)

Congrats on getting your masters!
    It has crossed my mind to attend UNC Chapel Hill to complete my masters in Speech Pathology!

Congratulations!

Congrats!! I just applied to 2 UNC MPH programs–Health Behavior & Health Education & Health Management & Policy. Fingers crossed!

Congratulations, Anne! You’re an inspiration to me, as I was also a Sociology major in college and have recently become very interested in studying to be an RD, but need to take the step to get out of my dead end cubicle job and start on the prereqs. I appreciate your honesty and enjoy going back and reading about your journey. Awesome job!

Yaaaay! CONGRATULATIONS!! You worked hard for it, now they can never take it away :)

Congratulations Anne, MPH!

Congratulations Anne, MPH! I’m sure you must feel 20 lbs lighter with all that weight off your shoulders! :) Enjoy your celebration weekend, it’s well-deserved!

Congrats :) I’ll be applying to dietetic internships this year (for the 2nd time), and will be deciding on just the internship program, or the grad school combined option.

Congratulations Anne MPH!

Congratulations!!! Anne, you have worked so hard for this. Thank you for taking the time during your journey to blog…love your recipes, running and your zest for life! You are an inspiration.

Congrats! Huge accomplishment.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations! I’ve recently (like two weeks ago!) began reading your blogs and have found it thoughtful, funny and motivational! Wish you much success!

Healthy Eater says:

Wonderful news. Congratulations! Enjoy graduation…

Congratulations, what an amazing accomplishment! Relax & celebrate.

FANNEtastic Anne MPH

Congratulations! I can’t believe I’ve been reading your blog for 3 years already…time flies!

Congratulations! All the best in your career!

That is SO great and I’m so thrilled for you! You should be so proud!

(I’m secretly super-envious–I’m approaching final exam time in my Accounting program and I’m stressed. Relax a little bit for me!)

Congratulations, Anne!!
    I never comment but have been following your blog and your grad school journey the whole way–it’s so clear that you’re going to be a wonderful RD. Your blog is so fun to read because you’re so honestly and deeply passionate about what you do. So so happy for you, I know it was truly hard work!

Congrats Anne– wishing you all the success for the future! From your blog alone, I have no doubt you will make a fantastic RD!

mary matheson says:

Congratulations Anne! I’ve been following your blog for about 2.5 years now. I am so happy for you. You have just one more hurdle. YOU can do it.

Congratulations!!

Congratulations on this fabulous accomplishment!!! You deserve it! :)

Congrats!!! I don’t know why Steve didn’t make it to the presentation.

Congratulations Anne! Job well done.

Congratulations, my dear!!!! I am so proud of you.

Congratulations, Anne, MPH, RD(soon)! Certainly has a nice ring to it ;).
    Thank you for allowing me to follow you in this long but so rewarding journey. Now I look forward to following (stalking ahem) your new chapter in life as a RD! So happy and so proud of you!! YOu did it!

congratulations! you are one smart girl :)

WOW!!!! Married, MPH, soon-to-be RD? Life is gooooood :)

Congratulations, Anne! It’s been great following this journey for the last few years. Onwards and upwards!

I know I’m a couple days late, but CONGRATULATIONS!! :)