My Green Smoothie TV Debut!

Do you guys remember when my blogger buddy Courtney and I were in NYC in Aprilin NYC in April with Fitness Magazine and Oster® doing a fun and top secret video/photo shoot?

MVS_Oster Bryan McCay IMG_0154

Well, I can finally share the videos, recipes, and what we were up to! :)

MVS_Marmot_Bryan McCay 18

Fitness Magazine invited us to NYC to film a series of cooking videos promoting the Oster® Versa® 1100 Challenge that they are co-hosting with Oster® from June 23 to October 31. SUCH a cool opportunity – I was beyond excited! I never thought I’d get the chance to film a cooking video. The shoot was a total whirlwind of hair, makeup, wardrobe, and many takes of the videos. It was a lot of fun, especially once I got over being super nervous. ;) Eeeek! For the first take I could literally feel my heart pounding.

MVS_Oster Bryan McCay IMG_1067

Reading from a teleprompter was weird at first but it was actually quite intuitive once you got used to it!

MVS_Oster Bryan McCay IMG_0963

20140425_142508

Courtney and I both filmed a couple solo cooking videos; my recipes were a green smoothie, a spicy salsa, and a zucchini salad. Courtney made almond butter and another smoothie! I love that the the Oster® Versa® 1100 Performance Blender that we were using for the videos has a food processor attachment – I was really impressed by the salsa and the fact that it can grind almonds for homemade almond butter!

The final video of the day was a joint one, which was our favorite because it was fun to do one together. :) It’s a promo video detailing the challenge. Click here to check it out and see us in action! Each of the videos will air this week on The Better Show – so cool! You can check your local listings here. And you will also find the two of us in Fitness Magazine this month in their advertorial about the challenge on page 22!

On the challenge/recipe front, the challenge launched today with the Pear & Pineapple Green Smoothie, which was the first video that I shot. The video aired on The Better Show today – you can watch it by clicking here! I was SO nervous to watch myself in action on camera and was terrified I’d be super awkward, but it actually came out pretty well I think (hope?). :) Also, it’s really hard to say “Powerful Performance.” Tongue twister! That one always took a few takes. Lol.

MVS_Oster Bryan McCay IMG_1103

MVS_Oster Bryan McCay IMG_0058

To enter the contest, all you have to do is make the Pear & Pineapple Green Smoothie and share it on Instagram using #VersaChallenge ! The grand prize for the whole overall challenge is a $5,000 Walmart shopping spree but there are lots of other smaller prizes being given out along the way, too. Just a note to be sure to make your Instagram profile public or else your entry won’t count!

null

For more details about the challenge and for the smoothie recipe, visit FITNESSMAGAZINE.COM/VERSA. Who’s in? :)

Are you a green smoothie fan? I love them – such an easy way to sneak some veggies in and you can’t taste them at all!

Comments

Emily Davis says:

Love this! You were fantastic. I was reading my copy of Fitness last night and saw your ad. It’s great to see the video to go along with the it.

Cheers!

What a cool experience! So awesome. And you look beautiful in all the pictures. Looking forward to seeing you in print and watching the video. Congrats.

Congrats! What an awesome experience. :-)

You guys look great! Such a cool experience. Congrats :)

Cannot wait for my mag to arrive.

Yay this is soooo excited!! Congrats! That had to of been such an amazing experience. You and Courtney did so great! Congrats on the magazine spread as well. Rockstar status :)

This is a fANNEtastic!! :-) Congrats Anne!
    I look forward to try your recipe and maybe win the challenge?!

Got my copy of Fitness in the mail yesterday and saw your ad – you look gorgeous!

Amanda H. says:

Congrats, Anne! What an amazing opportunity! Thanks for such a resourceful website!

Super excited for you guys!!! Two pretty healthy glowing ladies btw!!! Stunning pics! Such a fun thing to get involved in!

Cool that the video aired on the Better show. My running friend JD is one of the hosts! =)
    I am trying to join the healthy masses on the green juice bandwagon but have been resisting for some reason. Maybe this contest will incentivize me =)

You and Courtney are great role models for this! Nice job. And now you can add “can read teleprompter” to your resume =)

Great job, Anne! You look like such a natural. :)

I’m sad though because I already had a green smoothie this morning with breakfast… maybe I’ll whip one of these up this afternoon. You can never have too many greens, right? ;)

Very cool!

What a neat opportunity!
    I love green smoothies. Mostly I love the fact that you can’t taste the greens!

Roadrunner says:

Wonderful! Very exciting, indeed!

What an awesome opportunity! It is so weird to see yourself on camera. Your voice sounds different and you notice every little thing about yourself. That smoothie sounds great, can’t wait to try it.

Laura P says:

You did great. It looked like you had done that before, very natural. What a fun opportunity.

What an incredible experience! I LOVE green smoothies and can’t wait to give this one a try!

How exciting for you! Congratulations!

I love your blue pants in the photo shoot–and your wedges!

I will have to go buy a Fitness Magazine today!

This is AWESOME Anne! You can be SO proud of yourself. You rock, girl! :-)

That’s awesome!! Guess what – I’ve NEVER had a green smoothie!!??

Wow it all looks so good and so tasty. The video is great you must be so pleased.

Looks like a fun shoot! I suspect I may be in the market for a new food processor soon, I like the idea of one that has a blender option as well (plus Oster is such a great brand).

How exciting! Congratulations!

Congrats! Must be so fun now that you can share! What a great opportunity!
    I also love green smoothies–nothing like sneaking a handful of greens into a yummy protein smoothie!

Priya Mehra says:

you sound great!

Jen Robinson says:

Eek! So fun to see your bit! You look great and you sound great- you speak slowly and clearly and the smoothie looks delicious. I still have yet to try a green smoothie though… one day! :)