So, I have a confession.
Until Sunday night, I was scared of cooking bok choy.
I always LOVE bok choy in Asian dishes, but for some reason I thought it was hard to cook. I also wasn’t entirely sure what it LOOKED like so I was scared to try to buy it. Lol.
I finally found some clearly labeled the other day at the store, so I took the plunge and bought some :) It was SO easy to make! All you have to do is slice it (the whole thing! stalks & leaves! just cut off the nub at the end, like with celery) and cook it with the rest of your dish. It’s now my new favorite veggie :) Love the refreshing crunch!
Easy Coconut Curry
(makes 4 servings)
- 1 pound chicken, cut into cubes (or tofu, shrimp, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Bok choy, sliced (I used the whole massive bunch)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 3 tsp. curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- Brown rice (I just used 90 second)
This was my first foray into curry and it was so easy!
1) In a large, deep pan or wok, cook the chicken (or tofu or shrimp) on medium heat in the olive oil and garlic for a few minutes.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients (except the rice) to the pan and mix it all around, then cover and heat on low for about 5 minutes (this will steam the veggies nicely & fully cook the chicken).
3) Serve on top of brown rice and enjoy! It’s that easy! :)
Yum yum! This would be awesome with some Asian-style hot sauce like Sriracha. Need to pick some of that up!
Is there anything you’re scared to try to cook? Come clean in the comments ;) And then, go try to make it!
Also, I’m loving all the enthusiasm for my new fANNEtastic t-shirt shop!! I just bought three of the shirts last night and I can’t wait to get them :) I did a little search on Google for a coupon code before I checked out and found a 15% off coupon for Spreadshirt orders on RetailMeNot.com! Woohooo! :)
Time to get down to some serious studying — have a great day!