Thank you all SO much for your sweet comments regarding my big announcement! It seems like everyone loves Chapel Hill and it got me even more excited to move there :) Now I just have to learn the UNC fight songs ;) And figure out where to live… gah!
It’s another gorgeous day today in D.C. So obsessed with my new camera!
Sadly, though, there’s no time to play — I’ve got a very busy day ahead of me!
- Finish studying for Anatomy & Physiology final exam
- Pack for Austin
- 5 Mile Training Run
- Take final exam at 4:30 p.m. (eeek!)
- Drive to Baltimore
Yes, you read that right — I’m flying to Austin tomorrow morning! I can’t wait — my college BFFs, Turner and Kris, and I are all meeting there for a girl’s weekend! We wanted to meet up somewhere fun (Turner is in Philly and Kris is in Boston), and we ended up with Austin as somewhere we’d all heard great things about and had never been to! If you know Austin well, any recommendations for places to eat, rent bikes, hike, run (I have a 7 miler scheduled), check out live music, etc., would be much appreciated! I’ll be live blogging from Austin all weekend so stay tuned ;)
I’m also excited because after my exam, I’m driving straight to Baltimore to have dinner and spend the night with my high school BFF, Jenny, and her husband! I fly out of Baltimore (it was cheaper!) tomorrow morning so she’ll be driving me to the airport. Yay! Love that I get to see three of my very best friends in one weekend :)
And now… a new recipe! With the warmer temps, my mom in town, finals, etc., I haven’t been cooking much lately, but yesterday I came up with something awesome I must share!
BBQ Chickpeas with Sweet Potatoes & Bok Choy
If you love BBQ, you will love this recipe. I was craving BBQ but didn’t want anything meaty or heavy, so this was the perfect solution! Easy, delicious, and very nutritious!
(makes 3 to 4 servings)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil (optional)
- 1 C low sodium veggie broth (divided into two 1/2 C portions)
- Fresh bok choy, chopped
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 C BBQ sauce
1) Add the chopped sweet potatoes, olive oil, and 1/2 C of the veggie broth into a pan on medium high heat.
2) Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or so until the sweet potatoes are tender and the broth has mostly boiled off.
3) Add in the chopped bok choy and the remaining 1/2 C veggie broth. Cover and let sit about 2 minutes to steam the bok choy.
4) After the 2 minutes is up, uncover, turn to low heat, and add in the chickpeas and the 1/2 C BBQ sauce.
5) Stir the mixture and allow it to heat through for a couple minutes. Enjoy!
Yum! This was SO delicious and easy. And I have leftovers for a quick lunch today! Even better :)
p.s. Ever wonder what to do with the rest of that huge container of veggie broth you just opened but won’t be able to use before it goes bad?
Pour the rest of it into an ice cube tray and freeze it! Once they’re frozen, you can transfer the cubes to a freezer bag to free up your ice cube tray. Then, the next time you need veggie broth, you’ll have convenient little cubes ready of it ready and waiting! :) Two cubes is roughly equal to to 1/4 C. Cool, right? I don’t know where I read this tip but I’m sure glad I remembered it! No more spoiled veggie broth here :)
I’m off to be majorly productive. Catch you guys tomorrow from AUSTIN!! :)