I’m glad you guys enjoyed the photos from the beautiful weekend here in D.C.! They were actually all taken with my little point and shoot — check out this post for my tips for taking better point and shoot photos.
This week is going to be insane getting ready for the big move — I spent all day yesterday with my mom running errands and sorting through my clothes. I literally got rid of nearly half of them! The damage:
- 5 huge trash bags (for Goodwill)
- 1 huge trash bag (for the trash)
- 4 huge shopping bags (to sell)
Sweet! I always feel so productive cleaning out my room and getting rid of stuff I don’t need. On the docket today is getting my car serviced, getting a Tb vaccine shot, sorting through old papers, and starting to PACK!
But for now — a new recipe!
I teased you guys with photos of this awesome bread on Friday, remember? :)
As always, it’s packed with nutrition AND deliciousness!
Blueberry Apple Cinnamon Yogurt Bread
- 2 C spelt flour
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C finely ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1 C skim milk
- 1/2 C nonfat plain yogurt
- 2/3 C blueberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325.
1) In two separate bowls, mix dry, then wet, then add wet to dry, stirring gently until evenly mixed.
2) Pour the batter into a 9×5 pan. Top with pumpkin seeds (optional — makes it look pretty!).
3) Pop it in the oven for 55 mins to 1 hour. Fork check to make sure it’s done!
Mmmm… healthy and delicious, just how I like it :)
Enjoy! :) I already ate it all, sniff. Might need to make some more today…!