Hello, my friends! First things first: thank you so much for all the helpful comments on my last post about my foot hurting! So interesting that foot pain is most likely related to calf/ankle tightness. I’m going to do some serious foam rolling and stretching (hello, yoga!) and see if I can do a short run tomorrow or Friday. Depending how it feels then, I’ll decide what to do about this weekend’s long run. Fingers crossed! If it doesn’t get better by next week, I’ll go see someone about it.
Anyway – I’ll be back later today with a normal post, but for now, I have two announcements to share this morning!
First up – for my fellow bloggers, have you heard of the Food Blogger Online Summit? Basically, it’s a way to get the educational benefits of attending a food blogger conference without having to leave home!
The summit is taking place on November 2 & 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST, but no worries if you can’t make all the live sessions – everything will be recorded and saved so that you can watch the sessions at your leisure. All attendees will also have access to a private Facebook group where you can network and connect with other summit attendees and ask follow up questions of the speakers.
And one of those speakers is me! I’m hosting a session entitled “How to Attract and Work with Brands as a Blogger.” Want to work with brands but not sure how to go about it? In the session, I’ll share how to develop your blog and social media presence to attract brands, set up your blog to be brand-friendly, pitch yourself, make a media kit, and more. We’ll also discuss types of partnerships and some of the ethics of working with brands as a blogger.
If you’re a blogger (you don’t have to be a food blogger necessarily – most of the information will apply for all types of blogs) looking to grow and monetize your blog, consider signing up for the summit. Here are the other session titles – there are 10 sessions total, including mine:
- How to Create a Social Media Plan for Your Blog
- Don’t Follow the Herd: 10 Ways to Uniquely Brand Your Blog & Get Noticed Today
- Unconventional Traffic Generation Strategies for Bloggers
- How to Take Food Photos That Your Audience Can’t Resist
- Breaking All the Rules: Growing Your Brand Without Being Pushy or Sales-y
- Share Your Voice & Grow Your Blog Through Podcasting
- Subscription Success: How to Generate Recurring Revenue from Your Blog
- Video Food Blogging Made Easy
- How to Generate Revenue For Your Food Blog
- I’m looking forward to listening in on a bunch of the sessions, too. They sound really helpful! If you’re interested, check out the Food Blogger Online Summit website for more information about purchasing tickets, write ups of all the sessions, and speaker bios. Early bird tickets are currently on sale for $99 through midnight on October 13, 2013 PST. Tickets then go up to $147 until midnight on October 27, 2013, and up to $227 until the online summit starts on Nov. 2. So if you’re interested, purchase tickets now to save yourself the money! (Disclaimer: as a speaker/affiliate, I receive a portion of the money from each ticket purchased through my link. Thanks for your support!)
The second announcement is about the Harvest Your Health Bundle Sale!
The Harvest Your Health Bundle is huge collection of health and wellness eBooks, meal plans, and online magazine subscriptions from 65 different authors. The books cover all sorts of topics – from cooking real food and healthy recipes to paleo meal plans to skin care and pregnancy. There’s something for everyone. Normally, all these resources purchased separately would cost $1,037, but for this week they are being sold together in an e-bundle for just $37!
The following is the list of all the eBooks, meal plans, and online magazine subscriptions included in this offer. There are also some unmentioned product/service discount codes you will have access to as part of the bundle. Use the links to obtain more detailed information on each book/offer.
Cooking/Preparing Real Food
- Crock On Cookbook ($5) by Stacy
- Crazy for Kale ($5.99) by Hallie Klecker
- Super Cruciferous ($6) by Stormy Sweitzer
- Real Food Hits the Road ($14.95) by Millie
- Apartment Gardening ($5.95) by Jami Leigh
- Restocking the Pantry ($10) by Kresha Faber
- Just Making Ice Cream ($12) by Marillyn Beard
- Broth: Elixir of Life ($12.97) by Patricia Lacoss – Arnold
- Raw Fed Cats: Feeding Cats a Diet of Whole Raw Foods ($9.99) by Linda Zurich
- Back to School Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes ($4.99) by Stephanie Brandt Cornais
- The Veggie Book: How to Pick, Prepare and Plate ($9.95) by Danielle Tate, Debra Worth, Sara Shay and Kayla Grey
Cooking/Preparing Paleo Food
- Paleo Everyday ($8.99) by Heather
- Paleogasm ($30) by Camille Macres
- Paleo Snack Recipes ($17) by Suz Crawt
- Paleo Chocolate ($4.99) by Ben Hirshberg
- Paleo Ice Cream ($5.99) by Ben Hirshberg
- Gluten Free Pancakes ($4.99) by Jolene Sloam
- The Grain Free Lunchbox ($9.95) by Jolene Sloam
- 30 Day Intro to Paleo ($20) by Bill & Hayley Staley
- A Paleo Pumpkin Thanksgiving ($5) by George Bryant
- Toadally Primal Smoothies ($9.99) by Todd Dosenberry
- Baking with Coconut Flour ($18.95) by Starlene Stewart
- Well Fed: Paleo Recipes For People Who Love To Eat ($14.95) by Melissa Joulwan
- FastPaleo Top 100 of 2012 with bonuses ($14.97) by James Gregory and Ute Mitchell
- Primal Tightwad: Maximizing Your Health On a Minimal Budget ($14.95) by Carolyn Rush
- The Modern No-Nonsense Guide to Paleo: Shopping, Kitchens, Lunches ($10) by Alison Golden
- 3 months of Paleo Meal Plans ($29.97) by Deliciously Organic
- 4 months of Plan to Eat Meal Planner ($19.80) by the Plan to Eat team
- 2 months of PrimalPal Membership ($9.99) by Chad and Chris (with several contributors)
Personal/Home Care (Skin, Hair, Teeth, Cleaning)
- Clear for Life ($27) by Seppo Puusa
- Salve Made Simple ($7.95) by Jennifer
- My Buttered Life: Gift Edition ($5) by Renee Harris
- Cure Your Skin Compulsions ($19.95) by Tracy Raftl
- Natural Cleaning ($15) by Katie – The Wellness Mama
- Ultimate Secrets to Acne Freedom ($29) by Tracy Raftl
- My Buttered Life: Summer Edition ($5) by Renee Harris
- Simple Scrubs to Make and Give ($3.99) by Stacey Karen
- Homemade Health and Beauty ($4.99) by Sandra Calixto
- My Buttered Life: Personal Care Edition ($5) by Renee Harris
- Questions to Ask Your Dentist Handbook ($29) by Will & Susan Revak
- The Holistic Mama’s Guide to Homemade Skincare ($19) by Roxanne King
- Tips and Tricks to Remineralize and Repair Your Teeth ($12.95) by Ramiel Nagel
- Awaken Your Roots: Secrets of a Master Hair Shaman ($29.95) by Anthony Morrocco
Fertility, Pregnancy, Babies, Children, Motherhood
- First Bites ($9.99) by Hilary Kimes Bernstein
- Birth Control Unlocked ($14) by Stefani Ruper
- Fertilise Yourself ($19.95) by Natalie Kringoudis
- Fertility Yoga Program ($9.99) by Hethir Rodriguez
- Eat Your Way to Parenthood ($35) by Gabriela Rosa
- My Buttered Life: Baby Edition ($5) by Renee Harris
- A Practical Guide to Children’s Health ($17.95) by Kate Tietje
- From Maiden to Motherhood ($6.99) by Stephanie Brandt Cornais
- Mother’s Little Herbal Helper and Home Remedies ($12.50) by Natalie Vickery
- Real Food Kids: In the Kitchen plus videos! ($30) by Wardee Harmon & Jami Delgado
- The Paleo Miracle ($19.99) by Joe Salama
- Primal Deliverance ($14.97) by James Gregory
- Building Incredible Willpower by Dean Dwyer ($25) by Dean Dwyer
- 25 Intentional Days ($25) by Andrew Miller
- Inside-Out Simplicity ($2.99) by Joshua Becker
- One Bite at a Time: 52 Projects for Making Life Simpler ($5) by Tsh
- Simple Living: 30 Days to Less Stuff and More Life ($2.99) by Lorilee Lippincott
- Bodyweight Overload ($19.99) by Todd
- Run with No Pain ($17) by Ben Greenfield
- Sandbag Training ($6.99?) by Ben Hirshberg
- Dog Yoga with The Lightfoot Way ($10) by Allison Culver
- Everyday Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness $20 (1 month for 1 penny) by Sarah & John Fragoso and Jason Seib
- Diet Recovery 2 ($9.99) by Matt Stone
- The Vegan Solution ($9.99) by Matt Stone
- Exuberant Animal ($9.99) by Frank Forencich
- Common Sense Health ($8.95) by Laurie Neverman
- Change Your Body, Change the World ($9.99) by Frank Forencich
- A Brief Guide to Intuitive and Mindful Eating ($2.99?) by Ben Hirshberg
- 21 Life Lessons from Livin’ La Vida Low Carb ($15) by Jimmy Moore
- Sow, Planting the Seeds for Health, Well Being and a Superhero Life ($5.55) by Joe Rignola
- 21 Day Paleo Cleanse ($25) by Neely Quinn
- Detoxification: 70 Ways to Cleanse, Clear & Purify Your Body, Space & Life ($9.99) by Linda Zurich
Online Magazine Subscriptions
Ridiculous how much you get, right?!
I signed up to be an affiliate for the bundle sale (disclaimer: I get a small kickback for each sale through my link) and had the opportunity to check out some of the e-books in the bundle already, and I have to say this is a seriously awesome deal for what you get. I especially love the cooking/preparing real food e-books, and there are a ton of great paleo recipes, too. You guys know I’m absolutely not paleo (I love dairy, beans, and whole grains!), but I really like mixing things up and I like trying paleo baked good recipes and paleo dinner recipes a lot. I love that throughout this whole e-bundle there is a big focus on whole, real food and good ingredients! My favorites in the bundle so far are:
- Crock On Cookbook – great for fall – I need to start using our crock pot!
- Crazy for Kale – YUM
- Baking with Coconut Flour – super helpful since coconut flour is a lot different to bake with than normal flour!
- Paleo Snack Recipes – I love paleo snacks because of the focus on protein and real food – much better than having a carb-heavy snack that will make your blood sugar spike and crash
- Apartment Gardening – This is just what Matt and I need since we started our apartment garden earlier this year and are hardly experts!
- The Veggie Book: How to Pick, Prepare and Plate – Of course as a dietitian I love this one. :) It’s billed as “Helping you turn the veggies you want to serve into the veggies they want to eat!”
Click here to purchase the e-bundle. You have until October 14th. Enjoy!