Hello friends — happy Friday!
My haircut yesterday was a success! :) I seriously feel about a million times lighter. Thanks to the blog, I knew that the last time I got my hair cut was… December?!?! Oooops :)
Yay! It’s also nice to post a picture of myself when I’m not in workout clothes all gross and sweaty with my hair up ;) Ladies — if you’re in the DC area and looking for a new stylist, go to Tami at Lux Studios in Bethesda. She’s awesome! :)
Matt came over for dinner last night and we made quite the delicious feast:
Yum! This was really simple and delicious.
Saucy Tomato & Spinach Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- Few huge handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2 C black beans (optional — rinsed and drained)
- 2 servings cooked brown rice (or whole wheat pasta)
- Cracked pepper and Chili powder to taste
1) Start by tossing the chicken, garlic, and olive oil (plus some cooking spray if your pan tends to stick) into a pan on medium/medium high heat. SautÃ© until the chicken is fully cooked.
2) Once the chicken is cooked, add in the can of diced tomatoes, stirring until mixed.
3) Next, add in a few huge handfuls of fresh spinach — don’t worry about adding a lot as it will cook down! Stir until fully wilted — this will only take a minute or two.
4) Next, add in the black beans (optional, I just had some I needed to use up) and whatever grain (already cooked) you want to use — we used two servings of cooked brown rice, but cooked whole wheat pasta would also be good!
5) Since the grain was already cooked, just stir it around until it’s all mixed (you can cook it longer if you want more of the liquid to boil off), then add some cracked pepper and chili powder to taste.
I like it saucy ;) Enjoy!
Super easy and delish. Yum!
Matt is obsessed with my new camera now, too — we love the satisfying “click” sound it makes when you take pictures! So professional ;) We had some funny photo shoots while cooking, heh. Love this picture!
My hair defies gravity. No big deal ;)
I’m not knocking point and shoot cameras, though! While I’m loving the food photos (and flower pictures!) my DSLR camera takes, I do still love my point and shoot for traveling and outdoor photos. It was what I used in Austin last weekend since it’s so much easier to carry around! Plus, all the great photos on my “Photography” page were taken with my point and shoot. I even have a page all about “How to Take Better Photos with a Point and Shoot.” Check it out! :)
I’m off to work — have a lovely day!