I’ve gotten a lot of questions about my new cell phone (how did I ever live without internet on my phone!??!) — the Verizon Palm Pre Plus — so I thought I’d do a quick review of it here on the blog
It’s a great alternative to the iPhone if you have Verizon and don’t want to switch over (or if you’re in D.C. and want your phone to work in the metro — only Verizon will!)
(While I love the phone, my camera seems to hate it… sorry for the ghetto pictures!)
- Small size and sleek design — perfectly fits in my hand, but isn’t so small I can’t read anything on it
- Touch screen — just like the iPhone. I love how you open and close applications with finger flicks, scroll using your fingers, zoom in and out with pinching motions, etc.
- Takes really nice, clear photos
- Fast internet
- Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, etc. applications
- Easy to multitask with multiple windows open at once
- Automatically locks when you turn off the screen — no pocket calls!
- Cheaper than the other internet phones — only $50 on sale!
- Very user friendly
- Keyboard pulls out at the bottom of the phone for easy typing
- Battery life — this seems to be a common problem with internet phones. It only lasts for one day — I’m used to my old phone which used to last for like 4 days (but then again I wasn’t doing anything besides texting and occasionally calling on it).
- While the ringer is loud, the sound telling me I got a text is not loud, so half the time I don’t notice I got a text til much later
So there you have it! Basically I’m a huge fan. It’s just so useful to be able to check my email, etc. when I’m out and about all day without access to a computer.
Three cheers for technology If you have this phone, feel free to leave further thoughts in the comments! I’d love to hear them. And if you have any solutions to my cons, please share those, too!