If you love BBQ, you will love this recipe. I was craving BBQ but didn’t want anything meaty or heavy, so this was the perfect solution! Easy, delicious, and very nutritious!
(makes 3 to 4 servings)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil (optional)
- 1 C low sodium veggie broth (divided into two 1/2 C portions)
- Fresh bok choy, chopped
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 C BBQ sauce
1) Add the chopped sweet potatoes, olive oil, and 1/2 C of the veggie broth into a pan on medium high heat.
2) Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or so until the sweet potatoes are tender and the broth has mostly boiled off.
3) Add in the chopped bok choy and the remaining 1/2 C veggie broth. Cover and let sit about 2 minutes to steam the bok choy.
4) After the 2 minutes is up, uncover, turn to low heat, and add in the chickpeas and the 1/2 C BBQ sauce.
You can serve this on its own or over brown rice. Enjoy!