Looking for a pancake that has some protein and fat in the mix so you won’t be hungry again an hour later? Try these! The Greek yogurt topping packs a good protein punch – and you’ll get some healthy fat from the flaxseed in the pancakes, too. Having this post-long run or right after a hard workout? Top the pancake with some nuts (slivered almonds or walnuts would be great here) to add some more healthy fat – and add some scrambled eggs on the side, too, for extra protein!
- 1/4 C spelt flour (check out this post for more info on spelt flour)
- 1/3 C whole milk (or non-dairy substitute)
- 1/3 C blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. finely ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Few shakes cinnamon
- One large spoonful of whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- One small (or half a large) very ripe banana, mashed
- Drizzle pure maple syrup
Mix all pancake ingredients in a bowl, pour batter into a pan. After a minute or two (when the pancake is golden brown), flip to other side, cook another minute or two. Voila!