This beef is delicious and super moist, kind of like a spicy pulled beef BBQ! It would be AMAZING on a sandwich with avocado, tomato, and spinach :)
- 2.5 lbs Top Round
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 an Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, diced
- 2.5 tsp. Black pepper
- 1.5 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1.5 tsp. Paprika
- 3 C diced Tomatoes (canned; including juice)
- 2 C Beef Stock (low sodium if possible)
- 1.5 oz. Chipotle peppers in adobo (canned)
1) Cut the beef into palm sized pieces.
2) Bring a pan to medium heat, add olive oil and brown beef in oil on all sides.
3) Put the beef in a pressure cooker (or large pot; it will just take a lot longer to cook) along with the rest of the ingredients.
4) Bring pressure cooker to pressure on high heat; then cook for 35 to 40 minutes. (If you’re using a regular pot, you will need to cook for a few hours — or until the beef is soft enough to easily shred).
5) Remove meat from pot and shred it using a fork (should be very easy to do), then add it back into the pot and stir.
6) The beef should now look like a wet mop Feel free to add more liquid or cook it longer with the lid off to boil off some of the liquid, depending on your preference.