This smells and tastes like cheesy buttery goodness — but it’s vegan!
“Cheesy” Coconut Sauteed Chickpeas and Kale (vegan)
(makes 2 to 4 servings, depending if having as a side or main dish)
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 to 2 C fresh kale (loosely packed)
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. water (to keep it from drying out)
- Salt & pepper to taste (I used a pinch each)
Toss everything into a pan and heat, stirring frequently, on medium for 5 to 10 minutes, or until kale is fully wilted. Enjoy!