This gluten free chicken fingers recipe is healthy and delicious, too! Just like the chicken fingers from your favorite diner – minus the grease. The corn flakes make them nice and crunchy, even though they are baked, and the spices add delicious flavor.
Gluten Free Chicken Fingers
(makes ~3 to 4 servings)
- 1 package chicken tenders (1 to 1.5 lbs)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 C (gluten free certified) corn flakes, finely crushed
- 1/4 tsp. each of: salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder
Preheat oven to 375.
1) In a small bowl, combine the egg and mustard. On a plate, mix the crushed corn flakes and spices.
2) One by one, dredge the chicken tenders in the egg/mustard mixture, then in the corn flake mixture until fully coated. Place the coated tenders on a cooking sprayed or nonstick baking sheet. You may need more than one — I used two baking sheets!
3) Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Enjoy! These are great for lunch with a big side salad, or try them for dinner with some roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli.