This easy coconut curry recipe makes a wonderful quick and healthy weeknight meal. Vegetarian or vegan? No problem – tofu would be delicious in place of chicken in this recipe!
This recipe is a great base but by no means does it have to be set in stone, so please feel free to get creative with your veggies, protein, etc!
The more colorful the veggies, though, the better. You eat with your eyes first, my friends!
Without further ado, here is the recipe. Please let me know how you like it!
Easy Coconut Curry Recipe
(makes 4 servings)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes (or tofu, shrimp, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large Bok choy, sliced
- 1 red (or other color) bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can light or regular coconut milk
- 3 tsp. curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- Brown rice (I used 90 second)
1) In a large, deep pan or wok, cook the chicken (or tofu or shrimp) on medium heat in the olive oil and garlic for a few minutes.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients (except the rice) to the pan and mix it all around, then cover and heat on low for about 5 minutes (this will steam the veggies nicely & fully cook the chicken).
3) Serve on top of brown rice and enjoy!
Love this recipe? Here are some other fast weeknight favorites:
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Coconut Curry (vegan)
- Healthy Chicken Fingers (gluten free)
- Greek Lamb Burgers
- Jamaican Jerk Turkey Burgers with Pineapple Salsa
- Creamy Mexican Chicken Chili Soup (gluten free)
- Pesto Baked Salmon with Veggies
- Caribbean Shrimp Quinoa Salad (gluten free)
- Almond Crusted Tilapia