Just like your favorite late-night diner food, but without all the grease!
Healthy Diner-Style Chicken Fingers
(makes 3 servings)
- 6 chicken tenders
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 3/4 C spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/8 C finely ground flaxseed (optional)
- A few shakes each of salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375.
1) In a small bowl, combine the egg and mustard. On a plate, mix the flour, flaxseed, and salt and pepper.
2) One by one, dredge the chicken tenders in the egg/mustard mixture, then in the flour mixture until fully coated (shake off any excess). Place the coated tenders on a cooking sprayed or nonstick baking sheet.
3) Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.