These oatmeal banana pumpkin cookies are delicious, healthy, and vegan, too! Throw a batch together and enjoy them as an easy on-the-go snack.
These cookies are healthy enough to eat for breakfast! They are refined sugar free (sweetened only with maple syrup and ripe bananas), made with fiber filled oats and whole wheat pastry flour, and packed with Vitamin A from the pumpkin.
They also happen to be extremely easy to make! Simply mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls, then slowly combine, adding wet to dry. That’s it – they are ready to be baked!
Now all that’s left to do is enjoy.
Oatmeal Banana Pumpkin Cookies (vegan)
Makes 12 small cookies
- 1/2 C oats
- 1/2 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp. finely ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 C pumpkin
- 1/8 C pure maple syrup
- 1/6 C dried cranberries (or raisins, cherries, or chocolate chips)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350.
1) In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients, and then slowly add wet to dry, stirring gently until mostly uniform (there will probably still be some banana chunks, it’s fine!).
2) Spoon batter onto a cooking-sprayed or nonstick cookie sheet.
3) Bake about 14 minutes until lightly browned. They should be soft and chewy.