Need a quick and easy dinner idea? This is your new favorite recipe. I originally made this during a kid’s cooking class at my dietetic internship, and it was a huge hit among both the kids and the adults.
Orange Lemon Chicken
Makes 10 servings
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh, sliced lemons and oranges
- 1 teaspoon dried* oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried* rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
*Or fresh herbs — just triple the amount called for if using fresh.
Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, place raw chicken in baking dish.
- Mix lemon juice, orange juice, vinegar, sliced lemons/oranges, oregano, rosemary, and chili powder. Pour over chicken, cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge; sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more.
Nutrition Information per serving (makes 10 servings)
Calories 170 | Total Fat 3 g | Saturated Fat 1 g | Protein 28 g
Carbohydrates 5 g | Fiber 0 g | Sodium 85 mg
Recipe and nutrition information originally developed for Cook Smart, Eat Smart — NC Cooperative Extension!
Check out the original post with lots more commentary/photos: Sunkist Valencia Orange Lemon Chicken Recipe.