These are delicious — healthy and hearty, but with a nice soft texture :)
(makes one large or two small pancakes)
- 1/3 C whole grain pancake mix
- 1/3 C skim milk (or non-dairy substitute)
- 2 T oats
- 1 T liquid egg whites
- 1 T unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon… I’m all out!)
- Nut butter and jelly for topping
Toss all the ingredients (except the blueberries and nut butter/jelly) in a bowl and mix.
Heat a nonstick pan (or use PAM) on medium heat and pour the batter into the pan. I just made one massive pancake
Once the batter is in the pan, sprinkle the blueberries on top. Heat a minute or two until you can flip it, then heat a minute or two on the other side.
Once it’s ready, top with your nut butter and jelly of choice and enjoy! :)