Simple, easy, and delicious!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- Few huge handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2 C black beans (optional — rinsed and drained)
- 2 servings cooked brown rice (or whole wheat pasta)
- Cracked pepper and Chili powder to taste
1) Start by tossing the chicken, garlic, and olive oil (plus some cooking spray if your pan tends to stick) into a pan on medium/medium high heat. SautÃ© until the chicken is fully cooked.
2) Once the chicken is cooked, add in the can of diced tomatoes, stirring until mixed.
3) Next, add in a few huge handfuls of fresh spinach — don’t worry about adding a lot as it will cook down! Stir until fully wilted — this will only take a minute or two.
4) Next, add in the black beans (optional, I just had some I needed to use up) and whatever grain (already cooked) you want to use — we used two servings of cooked brown rice, but cooked whole wheat pasta would also be good!
5) Since the grain was already cooked, just stir it around until it’s all mixed (you can cook it longer if you want more of the liquid to boil off), then add some cracked pepper and chili powder to taste.