Simple Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Serves about 6
This recipe is quick and simple but very delicious. To amp up the nutrition, feel free to add in some zucchini or squash as well — either raw or lightly steamed — or even some wilted spinach.
- 5 & 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat/grain pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (13.75 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can pitted and sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (or use 1/2 teaspoon dried basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional but recommended!)
1) Bring a large pot of water on the stove to a boil, then add pasta. Cook according to package directions.
2) Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl. Once the pasta is cooked, drained, and cooled for a few minutes, add it into the bowl and mix. Add salt to taste, if desired. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
Check out the original post for lots more photos/commentary: Mediterranean Pasta Salad recipe.