This summery and bright roasted salmon with watermelon salsa will be your new favorite easy dinner. Healthy, fresh, and fast – it’s ready in 15 minutes!
Thank you to The Watermelon Board for sponsoring this post.
I love salmon. If it’s on the menu at a restaurant, I order it 90% of the time. For awhile, this was because I wasn’t super confident in my abilities to cook salmon at home, but my Pesto Baked Salmon (<—recipe) solved that problem (as has Blue Apron). So now I just order it because it’s delicious. And you know what makes salmon even more delicious? A bright, fresh, and flavorful watermelon salsa topping.
As far as I’m concerned, it’s not summer until I have watermelon dripping down my chin. Anyone else? July is National Watermelon Month, so I must not be alone. :)
If you’re looking for a really easy and fast weeknight meal that’s also healthy and delicious, I hope you’ll give this a shot! The watermelon salsa will work with any kind of fish or other protein (chicken, tofu, etc.), too, if you’re not a salmon fan. Feel free to get creative – it would also make a great burger topping!
Here’s everything you need to throw this together:
Simply rub the spices on the salmon, add some lime juice on top, and oven roast (or grill!) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork. While the salmon cooks, chop the cucumber, watermelon, onion, mint, and cilantro, and throw together in a bowl with more lime juice. That’s it – you’re done!
Serve with the carb of your choice – I recommend quinoa, rice, or roasted potatoes!
Tip: make extra so you have leftovers – I’ve been enjoying the leftover quinoa and salmon atop arugula with the watermelon salsa as my salad dressing! Delicious. :)
Here’s the full recipe. Enjoy!
Roasted Salmon with Watermelon Salsa
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: entree dairy free gluten-free summer6078876
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 lb salmon, cut into 4 filets
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 limes
- 2 cups finely diced watermelon
- 1 cup finely diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the salmon filets on a foil-lined baking sheet, rub evenly with the coriander and chili powder, then juice one of the limes over the filets and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the salmon for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- For the salsa: combine the juice of remaining lime, watermelon, cucumber, red onion, mint, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, top the roasted salmon generously with watermelon salsa and serve atop a bed of your favorite carb (quinoa, brown rice, potatoes, etc.)!Powered by Recipage
Love watermelon? Here are some other fun recipes to try courtesy of my friends at The Watermelon Board: