I have a fun sponsored post for you all today — all about oranges! Sunkist Valencia Oranges, to be exact :)
(Above photo from my adventures out in California last year!)
I love oranges — especially in the summer! So juicy and refreshing. Whenever I eat oranges I always think of a friend I used to intern with right when I was out of college — we both used to bring oranges every day to work to snack on; in the morning we’d share mine, and in the afternoon we’d share his, haha. Teamwork :)
Did you know that Sunkist Valencia oranges sometimes "re-green" in warm weather? When Valencias ripen on the tree, they turn a bright orange color, but warm temperatures can make their skin reabsorb chlorophyll as they hang on the tree, causing the orange color to look partly green. Cool! Apparently even if the outside is green, the inside remains ripe and delicious :) Check out their Sunkist Valencia Oranges Re-greening Video for more info.
Anyway! I have a delicious recipe to share with you all today featuring oranges — Orange Lemon Chicken! This is another one of the favorite recipes from the kid’s cooking classes we hosted at my dietetic internship a couple weeks ago, so I figured it was the perfect time to share it.
Orange Lemon Chicken
Makes 10 servings
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1â„3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1â„3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1â„2 cup fresh, sliced lemons and oranges
- 1 teaspoon dried* oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried* rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
*Or fresh herbs — just triple the amount called for if using fresh.
Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, place raw chicken in baking dish.
- Mix lemon juice, orange juice, vinegar, sliced lemons/oranges, oregano, rosemary, and chili powder. Pour over chicken, cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge; sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more.
Nutrition Information per serving (makes 10 servings)
Calories 170 | Total Fat 3 g | Saturated Fat 1 g | Protein 28 g
Carbohydrates 5 g | Fiber 0 g | Sodium 85 mg
Recipe and nutrition information originally developed for Cook Smart, Eat Smart — NC Cooperative Extension!
Major yum. Enjoy! :) And if you want more orange recipes — they have a ton: additional Sunkist citrus recipes!
Hope you all have a fabulous Friday — the weather is wonderful here and after my internship and a meeting for school, I’m headed straight to the pool :)
Disclaimer: This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sunkist. All opinions are 100% mine. :)