1) Early morning runs with friends. Here I am this morning with fellow MPH-Nutrition student Jillian:
We ran for 42 minutes on our favorite trail. It was so nice and cool out! Can’t WAIT for fall :)
2) The beautiful rose garden that we ended up in after our run finished.
(p.s. The picture above was taken with my little point and shoot! :) Check out my tips for taking better point and shoot photos)
3) The discovery of a tasty new breakfast cereal, thanks to all your awesome recommendations in the comments section of my “I’m in a Cereal Rut” post!
This cereal was recommended by a TON of you, so I had to give it a try! :)
Plus, check out the great ingredients list — short and sweet and all things I recognize! Yay!
4) Yoga. Loving this new studio I’ve been going to! I signed up for a newcomer’s $30 all-you-can-yoga for 2 weeks pass.
I’m especially loving one of the instructors — her classes are HARD power yoga and a great workout, plus she’s very motivating. Check out some of my favorite quotes from her so far:
Don’t settle for your comfort zone.
If you don’t think you’re strong… you won’t be.
And she also says “ya’ll” all the time, heh.
5) The fact that I can actually appreciate yoga! Sometimes I still can’t believe I like it and can calm myself enough to really be present during it. (Check out my post on how I went from hating yoga… to loving it.)
What are some things that make you happy?
I’m off to school — have a wonderful day everyone!
- Remember when I hosted a panel about “The Ups and Downs of Pressing Publish” at the Healthy Living Summit in Chicago in August? The session was recorded, and now it’s available online! You can view all of the weekend’s sessions by clicking here. Disregard how much I say “um” at the beginning… I was nervous :)
- Check out my new and improved recipes page — I resorted everything in what I think will be more user friendly categories, noted when recipes are vegan, and bolded the recipe that is pictured at the start of each category. What do you think? Any comments or suggestions?
- I also added new recipe pages for my two latest creations: