1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Combine milk, maple syrup, and tea bags in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then remove the tea bags.
3. Place the egg yolks and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Pour the milk mixture into the egg yolks very slowly while whisking constantly to avoid curdling the egg yolks. Once all the milk is incorporated, divide the mixture into four 8 oz jars or ramekins.
4. Place the jars in a shallow baking dish, then fill the dish with hot water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the jars. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the custard is set and barely jiggles when shaken.
5. Remove the jars and place in the fridge, uncovered, until cool. Serve when cold or cover with a lid and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!