Posted by Anne @ FANNEtastic Foodhttps://www.fannetasticfood.com/vegan-strawberry-scones-recipe/
© 2014 fANNEtastic food | Registered Dietitian Blog | Recipes + Healthy Living + Fitness. All rights reserved.
Vegan Strawberry Scones Recipe
(makes 8 scones)
cups whole wheat pastry flour, plus more for surface
tablespoons raw sugar
tablespoon baking powder
tablespoons cold coconut oil
cup chopped fresh strawberries
cup + 2 tablespoons Almond Breeze almond coconut milk
teaspoon vanilla extract
(optional: extra Almond Breeze and raw sugar for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut the coconut oil in with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Stir in Almond Breeze and vanilla, mixing until just combined & all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Place dough onto a floured surface and pat into about a 9 inch circle. Cut the dough into 8 wedges.
- Transfer the wedges to a greased or nonstick baking sheet, brush with extra almond milk and sprinkle with raw sugar if desired.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.