Looking for a creamy, delicious smoothie? You’ll love this berry smoothie with yogurt! It’s a healthy breakfast or snack that only takes about 5 minutes to whip up.
The chia seeds and Greek yogurt make it more filling than a typical smoothie, and the berries make it super flavorful and refreshing.
Berry Chia Seed Smoothie
When the weather is hot, I’m always craving smoothies. (Although let’s be honest, I love smoothies any time of year!).
They’re so easy to make and super versatile since you can put basically any fruit – and even many vegetables – into a smoothie and it’ll taste amazing.
This combo in particular is perfect for summer, with summer berries being the star of the show. (Fortunately, you can also make this year round, since the recipe will be just as good with frozen berries, too.)
The Greek yogurt makes it extra creamy and adds a boost of protein, and the chia seeds add texture and even more staying power. This smoothie really is quite the stunner!
For more smoothie inspiration, check out my mix & match healthy smoothie recipes post!
Creamy Berry Smoothie Ingredients
To make this berry smoothie with yogurt, you’ll need:
- strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- cherries (fresh or frozen – just make sure they are pitted!)
- Greek yogurt
- chia seeds
- milk (dairy milk or non-dairy milk like almond or soy milk both work)
A note re: the berries: if you use frozen berries, you don’t need to add ice to the smoothie! And feel free to use any berries you have on hand – it can be all one kind or a mix.
And the only equipment you need to make this is a blender!
How to Make a Berry Smoothie with Yogurt
All you have to do is combine all the ingredients into a blender and whirl away! Feel free to add more milk depending on the smoothie consistency you prefer.
You can also toss in a handful of baby spinach if you want some extra veggie power in the mix! You won’t be able to taste it, I promise.
(See also: my Banana Spinach Smoothie recipe!)
Smoothie Topping Ideas
Add some toppings to make this smoothie into a delicious smoothie bowl! Here are some ideas:
- Nut butter (use natural peanut butter for that drippy texture that’s easy to drizzle)
- Sliced bananas
- Chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.) for crunchy and healthy fat
- More sliced fruit
- Shredded coconut
You’ll find the full berry smoothie with yogurt recipe at the bottom of this post. I hope you love it!
What’s your favorite smoothie flavor combination? Let me know in the comments!
Looking for more smoothie inspiration? Check these recipes out:
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie with Kale
- Banana Spinach Smoothie
- Strawberry Cherry Smoothie with Lemon
- Ginger Turmeric Smoothie with Mango
- Mint Avocado Banana Smoothie (Healthy Shamrock Shake)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries (pitted)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
If using fresh fruit, I recommend adding a handful of ice cubes to your smoothie before blending.