This post was written in partnership with Whole Foods Market, but all opinions are my (/Riese’s) own.
Hi friends! I thought it would be fun today to mix it up – you know I do “Things I’m Loving Lately” posts a lot, but this time I’m doing a “Things Riese is Loving Lately” post instead! 🙂 Without further ado, here are some things Riese is really into lately, at just over 10 months old.
1) Practicing standing. She’s pulling up on everything now and has gotten good at balancing so long as she has something to hold on to! She also loves practicing walking while we hold her hands and will even “kick” a ball while she walks – so cute! Maybe she’ll be a soccer player like her daddy. 🙂
2) Sitting inside things. How cute is this photo Matt took from his solo dad weekend when I was on my Cape May girl’s trip? She loves this game – especially if whatever she is in gets moved around. She loves sitting in an empty laundry basket and having me pull it around the room. Good arm workout for me, too. 😉
3) Mama Bear organic baby food pouches. As you guys know, we are doing a mix of baby led weaning-style finger foods at home, and pouches when we are out and about (or when we run out of ideas for finger foods to give her, like Matt did one weekend when he took this picture).
Riese loves the Mama Bear pouches because they taste good, and we love that they are all organic. They have a ton of wholesome 4 ounce pouch options as you can see below; I love that many include veggies as well as fruit and other ingredients! Nice way to get in some extra nutrients while on the go. 🙂
I have a couple of these in my diaper bag at all times, just in case. I love not having to sacrifice nutrition and quality for portability/convenience!
Fellow parents: if you are interested, Mama Bear organic baby food pouches are being sold exclusively in Whole Foods Market stores in Washington DC, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, and Maryland. Get $1 off purchase of any 4 Mama Bear Organic Baby Food Pouches at Whole Foods Market through 10/31/18 using this printable coupon!
4) Driving off into the sunset. Jk, not quite yet (sob, please don’t grow up and leave us), but she does love practicing with this cute little baby/toddler car we got at a yard sale awhile ago. (Sidenote: yard sales are GOLD MINES for baby stuff.)
5) (Intentionally) throwing food to the dog. Yep. It has begun. Riese loooooves throwing food down from her high chair to the dog. Usually she eats what she wants, then to let us know she’s done she starts tossing whatever is left down to Freyja. Freyja does not hate this new development, as you can imagine, and Riese thinks it’s hilarious, as you can see in this photo. It’s so hard not to laugh, too… 😉
6) Playing hide and seek/peekaboo. Riese and I play a fun game where I do a downward dog type pose (sometimes with knees on the ground) and play peekaboo with her upside down while hiding behind my legs. She loves it! She also loves crawling through my legs – it’s like a little obstacle course. 🙂
So there you have it! Some random things Riese is loving lately. It has been such a joy to watch her become more and more interactive! She’s so much fun right now – it’s nice to have an excuse to be silly and act like a kid again myself. 🙂 I can’t WAIT until she’s in the fort-building phase – I remember creating some epic blanket forts with my brother when we were little and it was the best.
I will leave you guys with two questions, just for fun:
- What was your favorite game as a kid?
- If you could create your own baby pouch recipe (or if you have already done this yourself!), what would it include?