Hellooooo my friends! I’m so glad many of you found the guest post on How to Fuel for a Marathon or Half Marathon yesterday helpful! Looking forward to seeing some of you out at Rock ‘n’ Roll DC this coming Saturday. 🙂
I’m back in DC after a wonderful long weekend out in California with Matt for the wedding of our friends Heather and Mike!
The wedding, which took place in Carmel Valley, California, a couple hours south of San Francisco, was beautiful – I’m so glad we were able to be there to help them celebrate. 🙂
Isn’t her dress amazing?! Loved the mini net headpiece/veil, too!
Matt was actually the musician during the ceremony! He even learned how to play Canon in D on guitar. 🙂 Sounded great!
We arrived in California on Friday evening in time for the wedding welcome BBQ, and then I was up early on Saturday for a morning run with the bride!
How cute is this tank?!
The whole crew:
Apparently pink, purple, gray, and turquoise are in right now!
We ran down to Garland Ranch Regional Park, enjoying the sunshine. The weather was epic during our whole trip! It was chilly at night and in the mornings, but by afternoon was in the 70s. Glorious!
10k, done! I love this tradition to run on the morning of the wedding day. I’ve been lucky enough to run with a number of my close girlfriends on the mornings of their weddings, and it’s something I did with my friends on our wedding day, too! It’s great to have the time to catch up with the bride before all the madness sets in. 🙂
After breakfast, Matt and I headed out to explore! We decided on a hike over at nearby Point Lobos State Reserve, which we heard was a must see.
I figured there was no point in getting a new outfit all sweaty. 🙂
The weather was perfect and the hike was stunning.
One of the highlights was seeing all these cute sea lions!
There were TONS hanging out in one area, soaking up the sunshine, just like us!
We ended up hiking about 6 miles – it was flat and leisurely for the most part, but after a 6 mile run + a 6 mile hike, my legs were smoked, as you can imagine! Worth it, though. 🙂
On our way back from the hike, we stumbled upon this complete gem: the Earthbound Farm Stand + Café! I <3 Earthbound Farm, and after so much travel lately I’ve been craving lots of fresh veggies, so this was perfect! An organic salad bar, fresh juice, coffee bar… this is my kind of place. 🙂
I made myself a small salad and also got a cup of their soup of the day, which was organic turkey, sweet potato, and swiss chard. Delicious! Plus an unpictured fresh green juice – the 8oz option, with everything listed above on their juice menu. 🙂
Also, an Honest Tea!
It fueled us up well for a night of dancing at the wedding! I dropped the ball on photos with the exception of those at the start of this post, but it was a blast, and the food was awesome, too – really good tri-tip steak, which is apparently a local specialty, plus salmon, salad, veggies, etc! Yum, yum.
I’ll be back tomorrow with one more California trip recap before getting back to your regularly scheduled fANNEtastic programming. 😉
Have a good one, everyone! I’m off to get my life back in order: unpack, grocery shop, tidy up, go get Zara from my parents house, etc! We took the red eye home last night – oof. I took a short nap this morning, and am now trying to power through so I can get back on east coast time!
- DC peeps: ClassPass is offering a $10 unlimited class trial week right now to new members who want to check them out without the commitment – sign up here using my affiliate link to get the deal. You’ll love it, and considering DC fitness classes are normally way more than $10 a pop, that’s a hell of a deal. (FYI that members are automatically signed up for a subscription after the trial week unless you email email@example.com to cancel before your week is up.)
- Non-DC peeps who are interested in ClassPass: use this affiliate link for $25 off your SECOND month of ClassPass. It’s for new customers only – you’ll pay full price your first month and then have a $25 credit on your account for the second. Deal expires 3/24!
- Take a peek inside my fridge and learn the 2 convenience foods I can’t live without over on fellow a dietitian’s blog, Robin’s Bite.
- On my “to make” list for dinner sometime soon –> Yogurt Paprika Chicken
- My latest guest post is up over on the Wild Blueberry blog! For this month’s post, I’m sharing my recent favorite recovery smoothie recipe – including details on why it’s so great, nutrition-wise, for post-run. Enjoy!