I’m back with highlights from day 2 of Fitbloggin’ — the fitness and health blogger’s conference! It FLEW by — I can’t believe the conference is already over!
Day 2 of Fitbloggin’ was just as fun as day 1! Some highlights:
1) Playing hooky (twice) and strolling in the sunshine with blogger friends. I heart walking breaks!
(Photo courtesy of Courtney!)
It was gorgeous in Baltimore yesterday!
2) Filming videos of fellow bloggers for Stonyfield’s “Fueled by Oikos” campaign — stay tuned for a video compilation post soon! Matt (one of the few male healthy living bloggers) and Jennifer (pictured below with me) and a few other bloggers also gave me interviews. Thanks guys!
3) A really interesting session on SEO (Search Engine Optimization) from another Matt — my friend Matt of No Meat Athlete!
SEO is basically whether, when someone searches for keywords that are related to your blog (like fitness, health, recipes, nutrition, etc.), your blog actually comes up in Google or not. SEO is not my strength at all (I get almost no traffic from Google searches) so this session was really helpful!
Some SEO tips if you’re a blogger:
- Make your links keywords instead of just your blog name. (For example: “My name is Anne and I blog about easy healthy recipes and running at fANNEtastic food!” vs. linking the “fANNEtastic food” part)
- Write your own bio (with specific keyword links) to include if you’re sending someone a guest post.
- Clear, keyword-related and search-able blog titles > “cute” blog titles
And that’s a wrap! As always, the best part of blog conferences is seeing my friends and making new ones 🙂 Great seeing a bunch of you guys!
My mom came and picked me up in Baltimore around 5:30 last night after the conference ended so I could spend the rest of the weekend in DC. We have a ton of family in town for a mini-family reunion so it was perfect timing, and last night was my grandmother’s birthday party! I’m so glad we were all here to celebrate 🙂
I’m off to some more family fun — have a great Sunday!