A bunch of you were interested in the recipe; here it is! I also made a special separate recipe page for it — click here to see it! This recipe is adapted from one by Ina Garten.
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 lb orzo
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 lb diced feta cheese
1) Cook orzo as directed on package.
2) Roast shrimp on a sheet pan (spread on pan, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper) at 400 for about 5 minutes; allow to cool.
3) Whisk together lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper; mix in with warm orzo. Add roasted shrimp, cucumber, dill, parsley, and feta; serve at room temperature.
I also finally got my recipe page all updated! I created new recipe pages for my:
- 3-Ingredient Almond Soy Sauce Baked Tofu
Call for Questions
The weekend of August 13th, I’ll be attending the second annual Healthy Living Summit in Chicago! I went last year as a non-blogger, and this year I’m attending not only as a blogger, but also as a speaker
I’ll be moderating a session entitled “The Ups and Downs of Pressing Publish: Getting Real about the Blogging Community.” It should be a really interesting session — I hope those of you in attendance will come join us! Audience participation will be encouraged, and discussion will include positive ways blogging has impacted your life, such as making new friends, gaining a healthier body image, and the discovery of a like-minded community, as well as overcoming challenges like blog jealousy, cliques, and finding your own blogging niche.
Here’s where you come in — before opening up the session to audience questions, we’d like to start our discussion with some pre-submitted questions. Any questions you might have regarding this topic that you’d like us to discuss, both positive and negative, please send to me at email@example.com. You don’t have to be attending the conference to submit questions — the event should be live streamed, so you will be able to follow along from home, but either way I’ll be sure to post a recap of the answers here on the blog. Thanks in advance for your participation! My panelists (Julie, Heather, Sana, and Andrea) and I can’t wait!
Have a great day!