This summery Raspberry Chipotle Black Bean Chili is sure to be your new favorite weeknight dinner. It’s sweet, spicy, hearty, and comes together in less than 30 minutes with just 8 ingredients! Thank you to the National Processed Raspberry Council for sponsoring this post.
My favorite kind of dinner is one where I can just throw ingredients into a pot and end up with a delicious, healthy meal. This vegetarian chili is just that – 8 ingredients, one pot, and less than 30 minutes later you will have dinner on the table.
The secret to this flavorful chili? Frozen raspberries! I love frozen raspberries because they’re easy to find any time of year, always ripe, don’t get moldy after a few days, and are often cheaper than fresh raspberries. They add a great tart-sweet flavor to this chili, which balances the spicy and smoky chipotle flavor perfectly.
Aside from being delicious, this chili is packed with nutrition! It has protein and fiber-rich black beans, lots of veggies, and of course, frozen raspberries. Frozen raspberries are a great source of vitamin C, fiber, and phytonutrients like anthocyanins (which give raspberries their gorgeous red color and antioxidant benefits)!
This is the perfect chili recipe for summer – it’s still hearty and comforting, but it’s bright, fresh, and a little fruity, too! In addition to being a great weeknight meal you can easily reheat, it would make an excellent summer BBQ potluck or Father’s Day meal as well.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes, preferably no salt added
- 2 15-oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen red raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- limes, plain Greek yogurt, and cilantro, for topping (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 25 minutes, until the onion and pepper are tender and the flavors have melded.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
Enjoy this chili with a squeeze of lime, fresh cilantro and Greek yogurt for topping, and a hunk of hearty bread on the side.
If you like this recipe, check out some of my other favorite super easy one-pot dinner recipes:
- Sweet Potato Lentil Chili
- Easy Coconut Curry
- Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Have you ever cooked a savory dish using frozen raspberries? Be sure to check out RedRazz.org for more savory entree recipes that feature frozen raspberries, like this Raspberry Ginger Glazed Salmon – can’t wait to try that!