Nike Women’s Half Marathon in DC 2013 Recap

Well, my friends – I am excited to share that if you didn’t already see yesterday via Twitter, Instagram, or FacebookI have a new half marathon PR (personal record)!

nike womens half marathon

My college BFF Turner and I crossed the finish line together at 1:43:44 for an average pace of 7:54 minute/miles, smashing my PR from the Rock ‘n’ Roll USA half marathon last month by nearly 5 minutes! I’m so proud. :)

The Nike Women’s Half Marathon has become infamous for the Tiffany’s necklaces they give out at the finish line instead of medals. Until this year, in the US the race has only been offered in San Francisco, so when my friends and I saw it was coming to DC we jumped on it. We played right into their genius marketing plan but whatever – those necklaces would be ours. ;)

It was a beautiful day for racing yesterday! I gave myself PLENTY of time and arrived at the race a full hour before the start even though I wasn’t checking a bag. I’ve discovered by this point that peace of mind by getting to a race early > sleep. :)

I took a few pictures, found the porta potties (the line was short since it was so early!), and then headed over to my corral. I was in place by 6:25 a.m., ready to rock!

I was in the 7:30 to 8:59 pace corral and the only corral in front of us was 6:30 to 7:30. I’ve never been so close to the front of a race before – we were at the front of our corral and there weren’t that many people in the first corral! At first I was confused why there weren’t more people ahead of us, and then realized – duh! There were almost no guys running this race!

Loved the “red carpet”!

I found my friends Turner and Sarah and we hung out, waiting for the race to start.

nike womens marathon

See those sleeves on my arms? They’re actually an old pair of Matt’s dress socks! I simply cut off the toe of a pair he was going to get rid of anyway and used them as arm warmers before the race start, ditching them just before we began. Such a great idea – totally doing that again!

Like with the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler, Turner and I planned to run the race together. She’s faster than me but wasn’t looking for a new PR and wanted to help pace me to a new PR instead! You rock, Turner. :) When I finished the Rock ‘n’ Roll USA half last month my first thought was “Wow, that was fast!!” and then my second thought was: “But you know what? I could have gone faster.” I remember it feeling hard but not crazy, and then I surprised myself by being able to do sub 8 minute miles at the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler a few weeks ago. With that in mind, Turner and I decided our goal for the race was sub-8 minute miles – what we had done a few weeks ago for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler, just for 3 extra miles!

While we waited, a couple really cool elite runners were introduced up on the stage right by us: Shalane Flanagan and Joan Benoit Samuelson. Click on their names to read more about them – so inspiring! Shalane just got 4th place in Boston this year.

The time waiting flew by and soon the corral tape was removed and we all crowded forward.

And then we were off!

Even though there were 15,000 runners out there, I didn’t find the course to be nearly as crowded as the Rock ‘n’ Roll USA or the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler. I heard some of the farther back corrals had overcrowding issues and would have benefited from a wave start approach, but up front it was a nice change from the other large races I’ve done recently, again probably due to the lack of speedy guys.

Turner and I settled in to a speedy start. Since we didn’t have to do a ton of jostling and passing like we normally would during the first mile of a race, our first mile popped up at an impressive clip! Off to a good start.

• Mile 1: 7:44
  • Mile 2: 7:52

The pace felt fast to me but not insane. The weather was good, I had my best friend by my side, I knew the course would be pretty flat – I could do this. Just keep it up, Anne. Keep it up!

We crossed over Memorial Bridge around mile 3 and then looped back – I’ve done that loop in every race so far this season! Hello again, old friend. :) It was cool because we got to see the first few women running by, coming back the other way!

It also meant we got to see our friend Sarah and give her a cheer as she ran by a few minutes behind us going the other way!

Nike did a great job with having fun music groups out to lift our spirits – loved all the drum bands, they were awesome!

I knew that around mile 5, Matt and my brother Steve would be somewhere cheering us on, so that gave me something to look forward to! A big thank you to them for coming out so early. :) I wish I’d thought to give Matt my DSLR camera, but they got some fun camera phone pics of us racing by!

photo (2)

The band coming up on the left in the photo below was one of my favorites of the day:

The music and the atmosphere there were so fun and inspiring I decided to take a quick video to capture the action! It’s shaky (duh, since we were running!) but fun – check it out! And turn up your sound to hear the band. :)

Nike Women’s Half Marathon in DC 2013

In case you’re wondering how I got all these photos and the video, I was carrying my trusty point and shoot camera (the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1 MP Digital Camera)! I’m so used to carrying it while running now it doesn’t bother me, and I just hold the camera up in the air and press the button to take pictures – no stopping or slowing down necessary! Occasionally they come out blurry but I’ve gotten pretty good at it. :) I think I need to work on my video while running skills though, lol.

• Mile 3: 7:59
    • Mile 4: 7:48
    • Mile 5: 7:50

At mile 6, we entered Hains Point.

Hains Point is kind of rough during races – even though it’s pretty (it’s by the water), it’s really long (we entered at mile 6 and exited at mile 10), there’s not much crowd support since it’s not near a metro, and it’s boring so it can be hard mentally. This was definitely the most challenging part of the course, although Nike did have some fun signs up and there were a few bands around to lift our spirits.

There was a lot of Boston Strong love out on the course, too, which was wonderful. Thinking of all those who have lost the chance to run certainly inspired me to go faster.

inspiration

I also really liked the race sign on the left – “Run Harder Than Your Mascara”! :)

I ate a Clif Shot Gel around mile 7 and just focused on keeping up the speedy pace. Anytime I felt myself dip a little, I forced myself to keep it going. I was not going to give up now and regret it later! It really helped having Turner with me, too.

• Mile 6: 7:51
  • Mile 7: 7:58
  • Mile 8: 8:08
  • Mile 9: 7:56
  • Mile 10: 7:54

As you can see, pace dipped a little at mile 8, and the second I saw that split pop up on my watch I was like NO! My legs could do this, I just had to keep my mind in the game.

Finally at mile 10, we left Hains Point! I knew we still had 3 more miles to go, but I was happy to be on to the last part of the course and to double digits! We went through a cool tunnel during this mile where there were drummers at each end with strobe lights. We went through it early in the race, too – so cool! It was dim so the photo came out blurry but the drumming and lights were so inspiring. The sound reverberated through the whole tunnel!

The only problem with the tunnel was that it made my watch a little wonky on pace for the part of the mile we were in there. Oh well!

• Mile 11: 7:30 ish ?? It felt like we were going really fast – all those drums pumped me up!

After the tunnel, I was surprised and excited to see Matt and Steve again! Hello, energy boost! Matt yelled: “You’re kicking butt!”

IMG_20130428_083225_866

photo (1)

photo

My legs were definitely feeling tired by this point but knowing that we were nearing the end kept me going. We rounded a corner and had a beautiful view of the Capitol.

• Mile 12: 8:09

Time to start dialing it up a notch – we were so close! By this point I said to Turner: “We’re not only going to beat my old PR, we’re going to CRUSH it!”

We looped around the Capitol, made a turn, and then had a nice view of the finish line. It was funny because it looked MUCH closer than it really was! We started majorly speeding it up only to realize it was farther away than we thought. Oops! But… can’t slow down, now! Just finish it out strong! I couldn’t believe that we were on track to break 1:45!

I heard Matt and Steve yelling for us again near the finish. Adrenaline surging, we made our final sprint to the green arches!

photo (13)

And… VICTORY!

• Mile 13: 7:38
  • Last 0.1ish miles nubbin pace: 6:50 (!)

Woohoo!! The distance on my watch was off, but the time was spot on. 1:43:44!! Average pace: 7:54 minute miles. I even got a high five from Shalane Flanagan when I crossed the finish line. :) Turner got a high five from Joan Benoit!

According to the official results, I finished 492 out of the 15,000 people out there – wow! In my age group division (F 30-34), I came in 88th!

When we crossed the finish, our promised necklaces were waiting. They had guys in tuxedos with platters of Tiffany’s boxes handing them out – too funny! Best finish line ever. ;)

IMG_20130428_083906_348

Even tied up with a pretty bow. :)

We were given our finisher’s t-shirts, too, which are super cute (and functional – yay for tech tees)! Clearly I wore mine with pride the rest of the day, along with my necklace. :)

me

nike women's marathon tiffanys necklace

A big thank you to Matt and my brother Steve for coming out to cheer us on, to Turner for running with me and inspiring me to be a better and faster runner, to you guys for your social media good luck wishes (and congrats!), and to all the bands and volunteers out on the race course yesterday! What a great day. I’ll definitely be doing this race again if it returns to DC!

Who else raced this weekend? How did it go? :)

Comments

Congrats on a new PR. You rocked it! I so wanted to run the Nike Women’s Half this weekend but had to pass. Looks like it was a well organized race and I hope to join in next year. You all had perfect weather. I settled for a 5 mile run with my daughter in the stroller :)

That looks like such a fun race!! Must put that on my running bucket list!

You did crush it! Congrats! Also – I’d run a Nike race just to get a race tshirt that actually fits!

Stephanie D says:

Congrats! What a great race recap. The medals this year are fabulous! Much nicer (and bigger!) than the NWM 2011 one I have!

Congrats & Awesome blog!!!

Michelle M says:

Congrats! I ran Nike, too and thought it was a great race. Crushed my last (and first) 1/2 marathon time by about 9 minutes! Fun to see all of your pictures and recognize the sights :)

Great recap and huge congrats on the PR! I think the secret to this race was to do what you did and get to the front. We were in the same corral but it was SOOO mobbed halfway through that your pics make it look like we were running a different race!! LOL ;)

Congrats on a new PR! That’s an amazing time, and looks like a really fun race. Do you know if it will be in DC again next year or was this a one time destination? I can’t tell from the website.

SO awesome! love the tuxedos & tiffanys. classiest race ever! :) congrats!

Great recap!! I was further behind—and it was crowded for sure–but such a great race. The bands were fabulous–and such a perfect day to run!

Well done, Anne!

Great Recap! This race looked like a blast. Congrats on your PR, awesome job!

This was the best race recap ever! Thank you for sharing your experiences and getting me pumped up and excited for race season. Congrats on totally demolishing that PR! Wowza!

Elizabeth says:

Congrats Anne! I ran the race yesterday too and had a blast! Have the official results been posted yet? I can’t find them.

Congrats on the PR!! It was such a great race and I had so much fun!

Great job! I loved this race! Like you, I thought the pace corrals were fine, but I was in the 730-859 corral, too. I am sort of glad we didn’t have too many long-legged men to deal with!

Congrats on the PR!!! I’ve been eagerly awaiting your recap – I’d love, love, love to run this race someday – and I knew your post would be full of beautiful pictures!

Congrats on such a great race!! I actually think I saw you pass me on Hains Point. I had such a rough day running – felt awful from start to finish – so I had trouble really enjoying the race at all, but thought Nike did an AWESOME job and would love to give it another go if they’re back here. Now I’ll just have to find another half to redeem myself!

Congratulations on the new PR! You’re just setting PR’s like crazy, lady!

Melissa R says:

Great recap! I ran the race yesterday and although I finished just a few minutes behind you (1:47) I spent the first half of the race dodging and weaving SO MANY people–should definintely have moved up as well and then I might have had a new PR, too — oh well! I’m happy it was such a nice day and a great event nonetheless.
    Loved the photos although I kept thinking…where are the crowds I ran with??? LOL

Yay!!!! :) Love the photos of you and Turner running together! Wish I could have been there to cheer you on! :) xoxo!

Danielle says:

Congrats on the PR! The course was great and very flat. I PR’ed too but definitely not as speedy as you are. I was in one of the last corrals and it was SUPER crowed until about mile 6. I’d love to know what my PR would have been if it wasn’t so crowded. Hope it comes back next year :)

I raced DC also and while I didn’t get my time goal, I nailed a 7:36 PR for a 2:01:33 race… not too shabby. I LOVE the necklaces (rockin’ mine today still) and those finisher tees! So happy I got into this race and just loved it!

Looks like such a fun race!! I would definitely buy into the Tiffany necklace marketing approach. :)

Congrats on your PR– what a huge accomplishment! Loved the photos of the race. Looks like it was a gorgeous day there.

Anne, this might be you best blog post yet! Congratulations!

Hi, this is so funny… I haven’t seen your blog before, I was just looking for pictures from the race and I found myself in one of your pictures!! I did 1:43:28 so we were close the whole race! Thanks for the pic anyway hehe!

Woo-hoo, congrats on your new PR! Looks like a very familiar course with that memorial bridge out and back, Kennedy center overhang, and Hains Point, but of course DC never gets boring!

Yeah it was very similar to the Cherry Blossom for the first 10 miles – but like you said, DC is never boring! Except maybe Hains Point. ;)

Wow, I am so inspired to focus on speed now! You really did crush your old PR. You’ll be on a runner’s high for a while. I actually really like the design of the necklace too!

Congrats on an awesome 1/2 and new PR!! I definitely want to run a Nike race one of these days! :)

That is amazing! Congrats on the new PR! I ran the Country Music Half in Nashville (another Rock n Roll race) and it RAINED THE ENTIRE TIME! And I’m not talking about sprinkles, full on rain! You should see the pics! We were soaked to the bone and quite cold by the end. People ran the entire race with trash bags and ponchos! My shoes are still drying out! Ha! Even though our time was not what we really wanted, I must admit I feel pretty good about running 13 miles in the pouring down rain! Looking forward to my next race though!

Congrats on your PR! That’s awesome!! The run looks like fun! I like how there are bands out there playing for the runners, and the tuxedo guys handing out the necklaces is such a hoot!! :) I did race this week. It was a 5K bubble run. It was an extra special run for me because my boyfriend ran it with me, and I got a 5K PR :)

Wow! You are amazing. Great blog. Looks like we both ended up with the perfect weather this weekend. I completed the first mud run of the season on Saturday, the MUD DOG at Ceresville in Frederick, MD. It was great! It was my son’s first mud run. It was so awesome to be able to do it together. This is one of my favorite mud runs. No PRs were set it was great to watch my son complete all the obstacles and finish covered in mud with a huge smile on his face.

Congrats on your new PR! So awesome. Great pics! I would love to run this race in the future – looks like a beautiful course and the Tiffany necklace doesn’t hurt ;)

Awesome!! Love the necklace and shirt – and the men in tuxes handing them out! :) Congrats on the PR!

Congrats on the awesome PR! And this of course raises the question…any interest in going for the full 26.2 someday :)?

Hi! I just found your blog – I did the Nike women’s half this past weekend too, though at a much slower time. Love the healthy yummy recipes on your blog and your colorful voice. Congrats on the PR, looking forward to trying out your recipes!

great job with the new PR! that’s awesome.

also those necklaces are so cute! I would run it just to get one

Well done, as always! t-shirt is lovely! and the necklace is so cute!!

Epic! Makes my 10k race I did last night the dark seem so meager!!! :) Well done on the time!! Amazing and the necklace is very cute!

This race was great and a blast but I could never have PR’d because of the blockage at the start. I was in the 10-12 minute corral – which is already way too many people to be in one corral – and we were started somehow with some ladies who were planning to walk the whole thing, from the start. (Which is great, just don’t start in front me and walk! I’m here to run!). I ended up being 10 minutes slower than my Rock N Roll time, and it was entirely because I spent so much time walking in the first two miles that by mile 2 I was 10 minutes behind and couldn’t make it up in the next 11. Great race, but if you want to PR, get there early and sign up for a fast corral.

What a bummer! Totally agree that 10 to 12 minutes should have been split into at least two corrals, maybe more. That’s a HUGE difference!

I loved this blog post and completely agree with you, Monica! I was also in the 10-12min corral which definitely should’ve been broken up into two. However, I still loved the race, loved how many water stations there were and of course LOVED the men in tuxes giving out the fab necklace. I’m hopeful that the race will come back to DC next year so I can do it again and make an effort to be in the front of my timed corral — lesson learned :)

Congrats Anne on a great race!

Christine says:

Congratulations on your race! I was at the back of the pack – in the 14++ corral and, like you, I thought the race was much less crowded than others I’ve done, especially Cherry Blossom. Your favorite band was the GREEN MACHINE from George Mason University. Just past them was the Howard University pep band. I still want to know the name of that all female drumline by the Kennedy Center though.

Congrats on an awesome race! My sister ran it too (her first half). I was actually standing right before that tunnel by mile 11. I could hear the drummers but I wondered what was inside!

Woohoo! Congratulations! I like the “We run uncensored” sign. And the Tiffany’s necklace. Sweet!

I was in DC this weekend for the race. I didn’t run it but I was along the course. Seems like a great event and I will def do it next year. AWESOME time… seriously awesome.

I loved this post! So good to see Turner & Melby running DC too! I saw that you and Shalane finished so close together- like only 11 minutes apart. THAT IS SO COOL! Congrats!!

Gabrielle says:

Great summary of the race! While I am much slower than you, I also set a PR and beat my RNR Half time by 5 minutes! It was definitely a fun course and the music and spectators were super motivating. Great post! :-)

Roadrunner says:

Congratulations, Anne! Awesome race. Really impressive. And loved the camera work and narrative, too. You crushed it! And loved the arm sleeve idea! Well done… What’s the new goal? :-)

Woohoo! Congrats on the PR, it was a gorgeous day and a wonderful race, I love your description of it! We must have been right near each other at the start! I wish I had gotten a picture on memorial bridge as the winner was passing, I was too slow to get my phone out. She was one of my teammates in college!

Congrats! I was there too in the same corral but towards the middle. very crowded. Fun race and loved it in DC. BUT they really need to print an etiquette guide for newbies on runner’s etiquette!

Agreed!!! I had the same experience. Lots of people inaccurately placed…I was surrounded by slow pacers and walkers, mostly bc they gated off the entrance to the corals 10 min before the start of the race, so we had to wait until all the runners passed the start! 7:00, 8:00, and 12:00 min/mile pacers were all running together. Frustrating! Still fun once the crowd broke away tho.

Bummer! Guess it’s a good thing I got there so early… I’ve definitely slipped in last minute at other races before though so I would have been annoyed if they wouldn’t let me in!

Thanks so much for posting your recap! I was trying to explain the experience and just couldn’t do it justice, but your photo story was a great accurate account! My fave part was the tunnel the second time around. I was also shooting for a PR, but I was unfortunate enough to be one of those unlucky ones stuck in the back of the corals…my first mile was a 10:45!!!!! I wanted to cry bc it felt like I was walking, and was dashing away at my PR hopes. The first tunnel made it impossible to get around anyone. Ah well….i know now to get settled in the corals early! It was the greatest spectator race I’ve run to date! :)

Quick question: did you run w a camelbak? How does it work for you? Ready to retire my belt but scared to be reliant solely on water stations.

Aw I’m sorry to hear you got trapped for that first mile! SO frustrating when that happens – I had that happen in 2009 at Cherry Blossom 10 Miler and it was a huge bummer. Regarding the Camelbak, yes, I ran with it! I LOVE it. I really like having my own water and being able to drink it whenever – and not worrying about water stations! Plus I can store my phone in the pocket on the CamelBak.

I’ve seen a few other posts about this race and it looks like it was such a blast! You snapped some great photos and I’m sure it’ll be one you’ll remember for many many many years! Especially since you “crushed” your PR.
    You’re awesome!

Great recap Anne! Congrats on your PR! Overall, I thought Nike did a great job and would definitely love to run it again… The Nike folks are marketing genious’s from the cool expo, everyone’s names on the huge wall in Georgetown, the sneaks, the necklace, etc.

The only bummer was the droves of walkers I ended wasting tons of energy weaving through from the beginning through mile 8. People obviously put themselves in corrals they didn’t belong in. Plus, throughout the race I found myself behind sets of 5 plus groups of people walking in front of me and wouldn’t move, which is just bad race ettiquette. It definitely slowed me down! With all that said, I had a great time and love my necklace!

They really are marketing geniuses – I was thinking that, too! That’s super lame about the walkers not being considerate – boo!

Congrats!! on the new PR! You seriously crushed it, that’s incredible! Definitely on a streak with running lately :)

Way to rock that race! I love the necklace!

I ran the race yesterday too and it was a blast! So fun to read your recap and see the race from your perspective. I PR’d with a time of 2:01-beat my old time by 8 minutes! Next time I’m gunning for sub-2. LOVE the socks as arm warmers idea, definitely using that idea! I was in the 9-9:59 group and while it was crowded I didn’t have issues w/ running at a normal pace from the beginning. My friend was in a slower corral though and said it was awful.

Megan C. says:

Congrats on crushing your PR! I always enjoy your recaps, but this one was especially great because I ran it, too! It was my first half, and I did it in 1:53!!! I loved every minute of it!

Your photos are awesome. My sister had a huge sign (#48 Run like a champion) and you captured part of it in your last picture with the Capitol in the background! Too funny! Oh, and my watch went wonky in the tunnels, too. :-(

OH MY GOODNESS!! Amazing time!!!!! That is SO awesome!!! I would absolutely love to get to a time like that!! I didn’t PR mine but I felt good, so I’m going to use that as a marker for my next half AND crush my PR haha!! Once again, congrats. Loved the recap too ;)

Congrats Anne – you killed it!!

Congratulations!! You did so well.

This is a great recap and congrats on your PR! I ran it with one of my girlfriends and we had a blast – tons of fun :D Definitely planning to register next year!

Congratulations, Anne! Your recaps are always inspiring. I have a local half this weekend – my third ever – and I hope to come in under three hours. Your time is incredible. I appreciate your reminder to keep my mind in the game. Have to keep my head positive! Thank you!

Woah!! That’s a huge time difference in just a few weeks! I bet that feels great!!! I am running a half in August, and I am so pumped about it after your recap. It will be my first race in 8 1/2 years, and I am excited to get back out there again!

Congrats on your race time! I can’t even imagine going that fast.
    I’m new to your blog, and I was reading through the comments and I wondered if you might be able to answer a question. I also ran the half marathon on Sunday and I had a blast! I trained walk-run and even though I pooped out about mile 11, I kept up with my appropriate pace group through the first 10 miles. However, there were a number of people around me grumbling about the walking. I was towards the outside of the course, and I did my best to avoid people, but reading your comments I wonder if there were some rules that I didn’t know about.
    At what point does a race like this become more for fun, and less about being annoyed with the people around you?

I’m so glad you enjoyed the race, too! As long as you were walking off to the side/didn’t stop short in front of runners, I don’t see why anyone should have a problem with that. It sounds like others were complaining because they couldn’t get around people… I don’t think there are any “rules” really regarding running races beyond just having common sense, which is sounds like you have plenty of. :) Congrats again!

Wow–way to go! Glad it was a fun race.
    Weather looks perfect.

Congrats!!!! I ran it too!!! What a beautiful run!!!!!

You caught a picture of Boston Strong T-shirts my group had made for the race, very cool! Nice job on the PR!

What a wonderful race recap! Congrats on your successful race. I actually came to your site because of your infamous fANNEtastic bars, but now I’m hooked on your running-related posts as well! :)

Get it girl! So proud of you! Now you can go to Italy! :) Can I borrow Turner for my next BQ attempt? Promise to bring her back! :) Looks like a fun run!!!

Congrats on a fantastic finishing time. I noticed a mini-controversy (we have them all the time in DC) over a marketing campaign aimed at “Frat Boys” cheering on the runners, but holding signs saying they were sweaty/beautiful. I think the controversy is an overreaction, but I’m wondering what you, as a female runner, thought of it? Assuming you even saw the guys, that is. The “protest,” which features the objected-to cheering section is here, and I’m wondering how you reacted to it, if you saw it:

I didn’t notice them but if I had, I would have just laughed and said thanks for the encouragement! For me, that’s kind of one of those: “who cares?” type things – I don’t understand why people get bent out of shape over silly stuff like that. Life is too short – just enjoy it! I love that so many people were out cheering! I just clicked through to the link and saw the signs included the word “beautiful” – I don’t see why that’s offensive at all?! People need to chill out. :)

Thanks for the input Anne! Yeah, I’m hearing from more and more women runners now, and your take is right along what I’m hearing from them. I devoted a blog rant about it, and I’ll link here to your comment with your view (I agree, btw). Thanks for replying!

By the way, I’m posting here because I was trying to see if my take on it as an overreaction (I was going to blog about it) was wrong. I am allowing for the possibility that it was offensive, or constituted “street harassment,” or whatever, which is how I hit your blog. I’m still going to post my take on it, but I figure I should listen to someone who actually ran the race first before I weigh in! Anyway, congrats again — you covered a heckuva lot of ground in a super fast time!

I live close to the finish line and went down to see the winner and early finishers, so I’m sure I saw you cross. It was so impressive seeing you ladies out there. I struggled during my first half earlier this year (DC RNR) but I feel inspired to try this one next year. That Tiffany’s box is great motivation! Great job and congrats on the PR!

Looks like a beautiful and empowering event!

Thanks for your fantastic recap! I’m running this race in a week and a half and reading your recap is really helpful :)

Trackbacks

1. [...] of my bachelorette. Given that I just did a 7:54 minute/mile pace half marathon in April (the Nike Women’s Half Marathon), I was hoping that I’d be able to set a new PR in Maine. I settled in to a speedy but [...]

2. […] heading to the 1:50 pace group area at the start. My current half marathon PR is 1:43:44 from the Nike Women’s Half Marathon in May; I knew this course wasn’t a great PR course (hilly + narrow trails) so I didn’t want to […]