This is a great dish for impressing guests — it’s super easy but looks very gourmet!
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 5-6 medium mushrooms, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock (divided in half)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Parmesan cheese to taste (approx. 1/4 C)
1) Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a 2-qt saucepan over medium heat.
2) Add garlic, mushrooms and Arborio rice and sautÃ© for 1-2 minutes (stir to coat everything).
3) Pour half (1 cup) veggie stock into pan and stir occasionally (to prevent sticking).
4) After initial stock has boiled down (about 10 min?), pour the remaining 1 cup in.
5) After THAT has boiled down, pour in milk (stirring occasionally still to prevent sticking), and once it has been absorbed/boiled down shake on parmesan to taste.
6) Serve hot
I enjoyed it topped with Black Pepper Crusted Yellowfin Tuna: