These puffed rice granola bars with curry are so flavorful and easy to make, with a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors! They’re no bake (so no need to turn on that oven) and gluten free, as long as you use gluten free certified oats and brown rice cereal.
No Bake Curry Granola Bars
I love granola bars, but I’ve been getting a bit tired of the same old sweet oatmeal/granola bars lately. My savory honey mustard granola bars are a favorite, but it was time to try something new and even more creative. Enter: curry puffed rice granola bars!
If you’re looking to mix it up too, you’ll love these – they’re so unique and packed with flavor. The perfect portable energy bar!
Savory Puffed Rice Granola Bar Ingredients
Curry powder in a granola bar?! I know, it sounds weird, but I promise it’s really good. The curry pairs perfectly with the rest of the salty and sweet ingredients, like peanut butter, coconut, and dried mango!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these savory puffed rice granola bars:
- puffed rice cereal
- peanut butter
- dried mango
- ground ginger
- curry powder
How to Make Puffed Rice Granola Bars
Like many of my other bar recipes, these are no bake (see also the most popular recipe on my blog: 5 Minute No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars) and come together quickly.
Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Then, stir together until well-combined.
If you’re having trouble getting the peanut butter/honey mixture to blend, you can heat it for about a minute on low in the microwave to soften it up before adding it to the dry ingredients.
Then, press into a pan, refrigerate for about an hour to harden them up, and slice into bars!
You’ll find the full curry puffed rice granola bars recipe at the bottom of this post. I hope you love them, too. Happy snacking! These also make a great fast on-the-go breakfast. 🙂
Want more easy no bake recipes? Here are some faves not already mentioned in this post:
- Cinnamon Raisin Almond Balls (3 ingredients!)
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Balls
- Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites
- Turmeric Ginger Energy Balls
- Salty Maple Nut Energy Bites
- Tart Cherry Pie Snack Balls
- 2 cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mango (unsweetened)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, mix together the cereal, oats, coconut, cashews, pistachios, dried mango, salt, curry powder, ginger, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the honey and peanut butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pack the mixture into a greased 8×8 or 9×13 pan. Refrigerate for at least one hour, then cut into bars.