Hey guys! I’m excited to continue my partnership with New Chapter, maker of organic, whole-food vitamins and supplements, to bring you a new easy and nourishing snack recipe: Turmeric Ginger Energy Balls. These vegan, no bake bites are sweet and nutty with a little kick from fresh ginger, and they’re the perfect way to stay energized and satisfied throughout the afternoon.
Something I work on often with my AnneTheRD nutrition clients is managing stress, and part of that involves staying on top of hunger. No need to add “hangry” stress on top of regular life/workday stress, right?! Life gets busy, so staying prepared with make-ahead snacks like these balls is key. I have “just in case” snacks in pretty much every single one of my purses, the car, my laptop backpack, and my diaper bags now – you never know when you’ll need them!
Once you’ve got the hangry stress under control and are consistently eating before you get too hungry, take a look at your more general wellness, in particular overall stress and energy levels. In today’s go-go-go culture, most of us are leading pretty busy, high stress lives, and in addition to getting enough sleep (or as much as you can with a new baby…) and moving your body in a way that feels good for you, it’s important to make sure that you are taking in the nutrients you need for support on a day to day basis as well.
That’s where New Chapter’s Every Woman’s One Daily Multivitamin comes in! Taking a multivitamin (or, in my case right now, a postnatal-specific multivitamin – more on that in this blog post about what my eating is looking like postpartum) is a great way to make sure that you are staying on top of your hunger levels in addition to supporting your body’s more specific nutrient needs. I love that all of New Chapter’s vitamins are made with certified organic veggies and herbs**, and fermented with whole foods, making them easier to digest. That means you can take them on an empty stomach without feeling icky, which is key! Their multivitamins are also Non-GMO Project Verified, certified gluten free, 100% vegetarian, and include no synthetic fillers or added sugar.
- 2/3 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 2/3 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 2/3 cup dried apricots
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until mixture is finely ground and starts to
- Roll into 24 balls and enjoy immediately or refrigerate until firm.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
And here are some more healthy and easy no-bake snack recipes:
- Turmeric Ginger Smoothie <– more turmeric & ginger goodness!
- Savory Curry Granola Bars <–turmeric & ginger in a savory no-bake snack!
- Chocolate Bliss Balls with Cashews
- 5 minute No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Energy Balls
- Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites
Thank you to New Chapter for sponsoring this post!
**Certified Organic by International Certification Services, Inc., Medina, ND, USA.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.