This flavorful Greek Orzo Salad with shrimp and feta is perfect for summer! But really, it’s delicious any time of the year. Super easy and refreshing!
I was served this salad while staying at the Tabor House Inn in Vermont. It was so good I asked the inn’s owner, Jennifer Bright, for the recipe! This recipe is adapted from one by Ina Garten.
Greek Orzo Salad with Feta and Shrimp
This recipe comes together in just 20 minutes. Even quicker if you have pre-cooked orzo or shrimp! And because it’s good served cold, it would make a great meal-prep packed lunch.
The Greek-inspired flavors of dill, lemon, cucumber, and feta mingle for a fresh and tasty combination. I love the crunch of the cucumbers and the brightness of the lemon.
The shrimp adds protein and the orzo makes it more filling than a typical salad. If you don’t like shrimp, feel free to swap it out for chicken, tofu, or more veggies!
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- lemon juice (fresh)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- crumbled feta cheese (you can also use mozzarella here, but just keep in mind that it will have a milder flavor than feta)
As always, feel free to throw in more veggies, like tomatoes, artichokes, or chopped bell pepper!
How to Make Orzo Salad
Start by cooking the orzo according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside. In the meantime, spread the shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Next, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt & pepper. Drizzle it over the warm orzo in a large bowl. Toss in the roasted shrimp, along with the chopped cucumber, dill, parsley, and feta. Serve at room temperature. (Or, store in the fridge for later!)
The full Greek orzo salad recipe is at the bottom of this post. I hope you love it as much as we do!
If you’re looking for more tasty lunch ideas, here’s some inspiration:
- Kale and Quinoa Salad with Soft Boiled Eggs
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
- Healthy Egg Salad with Avocado
- Quinoa Taco Salad
- Watermelon Chicken with Balsamic Glaze
- Healthy Tuna Salad with Avocado
- Summer Artichoke & Pesto Pasta Salad
- Sesame Shrimp and Watermelon Salad
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound orzo
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2.5 cups crumbled feta cheese (or 3/4 pound block of feta, diced)
- Cook orzo as directed on package.
- Roast shrimp on a sheet pan (spread on pan, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper) at 400 for about 5 minutes; allow to cool.
- Whisk together lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper; mix in with warm orzo. Add roasted shrimp, cucumber, dill, parsley, and feta; serve at room temperature.