This delicious and flavorful Shrimp, Cucumber & Feta Orzo Salad is perfect for summer!
I was served this salad while staying at the Tabor House Inn in Vermont. It was so good I asked the inn’s owner, Jennifer Bright, for the recipe! This recipe is adapted from one by Ina Garten.
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound orzo
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2.5 cups crumbled feta cheese (or 3/4 pound block of feta, diced)
- Cook orzo as directed on package.
- Roast shrimp on a sheet pan (spread on pan, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper) at 400 for about 5 minutes; allow to cool.
- Whisk together lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper; mix in with warm orzo. Add roasted shrimp, cucumber, dill, parsley, and feta; serve at room temperature.